• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

GSXR420's F350 Build

GSXR420

Rock Stacker
So I decieded to build a scaler of my 1:1.
Here is a pic of my daily driver.

My%20Real%20Vehicles

Sorry some of the images are super big and some are small...
Most are taken with a crappy cell phone.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Not to knock you, but why didn't you get two tamiya bodies and build the supercab? The tamiya is so much closer to scale. Yes, it's technically 1/11 scale, but close enough. On the radioshack bodies, your wheelwells would be touching your knees. I just figure you're going to do the same amount of work either way, and if you really want a nice copy of your 1:1, I'd head the tamiya route. Bodies are available everywhere for about 25 each."thumbsup"

I planned to move the front wheelwells forward as well... Need another body to cut up though, because I am using the front of the green body to build a flat bed dually. I am considering the Tamiya body just wanted to do something a little different.:oops: I will see how this one turns out and may try another body later. Plus I had these sitting around.

Heres a pic of the dually frame with this body sitting on it.

F3501.jpg

And here's my plans for the flat bed dually 5th wheel trailer puller...

F3502.jpg

Thanks Chico, :mrgreen: How you been brother?
Starting to cool off we gotta get together soon..."thumbsup"
I got one RC still running...lol

F3503.jpg

Update.

Got my RCBros Leaf spring conversion kit almost installed working on wheel base and mounting the body... I will post up some more pics soon... stay tuned.:flipoff:

Question?

Does anybody know of a wheel that looks close to mine... I found a set of proline wheels but they are hugh.... I have Nitto Mud Grapplers on my 1:1 does anyone make a tire similar to them RC4WD were you at?:cry:

Would like to move the front wheel wells forward but,

1. Need another body to cut up....:cry: These are not easy to find.
2. Would have to make the frame longer too... Sucks :sad:

So not sure its gonna happen anytime soon..."thumbsup"

Thanks for the input.

So have been on a build craze lately....
I have since changed the lift on my 1:1...
and got new wheels and tires... so here is an updated shot of my DD.:lmao:

IMAG0622.jpg

I switched to Wraith drive shafts...
Ordered up some wraith outputshafts for the transmission, and some driveshafts... was very easy besides drilling the hole thru the pinion shaft on the axles.:flipoff:
Here is a shot of the body after I painted it a few dozen times... :cry:
IMAG0379.jpg

Here is a shot of the body after I painted it on the frame...
IMAG0394.jpg

Kinda dull and the damn silver keeps messing up on me...

MORE TO COME SOON !!!!"thumbsup"

Back