• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gspeed front steering link with chassis mounted servo

Peters146

No content has been tagged with 'Front steering links size for the gspeed V3 with G-LD chassis mounted servo and Capra axles?'.

Capra axles dont have a panhard mount my friend, unless you found an aftermarket bolt on one. The capra is set up for 4 link front n rear

Four link front and rear, Capra axles, Chassis mounted servo, not soa, want the size of the link from the servo arm to the steering knuckle! I’m no newbie to the sport just here Bro. Just trying to see if anyone knows.. so I could order before I build and measure it myself.

Four link + CMS = not an exceptionally good idea

That's why every CMS conversion includes/requires a track/panhard bar adapter. The panhard stops the servo from trying to push the whole front end to the side.

What you're asking for isn't something that really exists off the shelf (a CMS link for a SOA only axle). Someone may have converted a Capra axle to CMS but is very unlikely a company has made links for that configuration being that its super uncommon. Though you could try contacting Locked Up RC to see if they have lengths since they made a CMS mount.

You may just need to wait until its mostly assembled to measure and order a link. Dlux Fab and Hardcore RC sell individual links by the length. You could even make a mockup link or an actual link from some all thread cut to length and some rod ends. Harley Designs has a good video on making links if you want to go that route: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-n_8qglh6w

Like has been mentioned already CMS with a 4 link is a bad idea. The links will bind and wont be able to move freely as the 4 link locks the axle in place pretty good and its now fighting the panhard which needs to shift the axle back and forth. So you should go with a 3 link up front.

Last edited:
Four link front and rear, Capra axles, Chassis mounted servo, not soa, want the size of the link from the servo arm to the steering knuckle! I’m no newbie to the sport just here Bro. Just trying to see if anyone knows.. so I could order before I build and measure it myself.

4link with CMS will give you issues.

Back