• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gmade GOM Campbell Racing Tribute

daign

Quarry Creeper
The moment i saw the cockroach shaped cage of the Gmade GOM, I knew what I wanted to do. DRAGON SLAYER. "thumbsup".

Shannon-Campbell-Buggy-Dragon-Slayer-Reveal-04.jpg

I've built 3 junfac kits so this wasnt my first ride...
Gmade builds suck, I'll be honest.

There are manual slipups, parts require filing here and there, and a bit of adjustment. If you're going to build one, plan on doing it once. I'd suggest getting the components you want in there the first time, because you're not going to want to take it apart.:lmao:

Took some pix along the way. a few hopups

Savox Black label 277 steering servo
Savox Waterproof shift/dig servo
Holmes Hobby Torquemaster ESC
Tekin Rockstar Brushed 35t
Stainless hardware
KC Hilites RC4wd 2" Light bar
KC Hilites RC4wd 4" Light bar
MaddogRC KOH 4" Light Bar
Chanquish 2.2s
Pitbull Growler Tires
Crawler Innovations 2.2 2 stage foams

The two speed trans/dig works well, but only once both halves are joined.

DvRCW0t.jpg

8clLCBt.jpg

IK760jm.jpg

The manual has you start with the left and right sides and join them together. Very odd but typical of gmade.

hdk1WYP.jpg

Shapeways radiator arrived!
C2Ecm86.jpg

Wl4gnWH.jpg

Hopups include rear linkage.

Qq8TDVI.jpg

quick mockup, dont think I'll run a spare, or maybe 2 standup on lightweight wheels?
lf51MMC.jpg

Now the fun starts. Trying a new coating, but I have a feeling its too soft and wont hold up over time, will see. Otherwise I'll powdercoat..

Decals by MCI
oaUzBip.jpg

3d Printed front fenders, I need to decide to add mesh or not around the servo/esc. It needs to breath so no lexan.

Q5kbv8Z.jpg

BoY8lxU.jpg

5sUlF0L.jpg

Where I'm at today. Carter fab panels arrived as well.
LF7Rz9k.jpg

bZXaWaT.jpg

6wkpMdm.jpg

XsbEUXM.jpg

Was hoping to finish it up today but I'm in pain. Will revisit when I'm feeling better.

I've been waiting on a bar from RC4WD. It finally came and the damn mounting tabs are made of POT METAL. nice rc4wd...

Progress has been slow. But I'll have it finished by tomorrow because I have a vs4 in the corner!

Got the Barndog Panels. As usual amazing product.

1nROczI.jpg

Started playing with Maddog RC KOH bar/controller mounting positions but this is too high. Going to shave down the 3d printed radiator to get it between the cage.
3TIV4SC.jpg

3d printed fenders do help with cosmetics, but I need a dark metal mesh to hide the components.
GZYjXGo.jpg

KC hilites 1.5in (only on 6v havent tossed in BEC yet)
WPrl4xN.jpg

Wish this torquemaster had an adjustable voltage bec but its an old transplant from another build.

Gonna button her up tomorrow. Handles great, but with the drag brake too strong it'll endo haha. needs some rear tire mounted.

My son had a similar idea with his...we just used thin ali sheet from screwfix.
58c742f29c6fa914cb9ba3780d9444c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My son had a similar idea with his...we just used thin ali sheet from screwfix.g[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

was wondering what I was going to do with that giant gap. Considered a parma v8 but it looked stupid photoshopped. SBC too. Awkward space.

nice! oh and I noticed your cage is painted? Kit? God GMAde screwed up when they did grey. I died mine using RIT dye for those wanting black. Other colors may work too because the color is so light

Back