• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Getting back into it, suggestions?

exille

Hey all, getting back into the R/C and crawling scene/hobby after being away for like....12 years..(alot of life happened and had to sell just about all my R/C gear)

Looking to pick up a new crawler, i had a first generation Axial AX10 Scorpion, modded to heck and i loved that thing but i see that Axial discontinued it and im kinda lost and looking for suggestions?

I dont comp or anything (i live kinda out in the sticks so no clubs or anything), just messing around and crawling with friends

thanks!

It really depends on what you want. I think the Traxxas TRX-4 with the 2-speed and remote locking diffs is one of the most fun trail trucks out there. And it is the most durable. But it is heavy and more aimed towards scale so that hurts performance.

If you want something more performance oriented, the Vanquish Stance looks hard to beat.

With as many good choices as we have these days, it would help to know what your priorities are. Budget, durability, scale accuracy, performance, etc.

If you stick with vanquish, axial, element, or traxxas you can’t really go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it would help to know what your priorities are. Budget, durability, scale accuracy, performance, etc.

If you stick with vanquish, axial, element, or traxxas you can’t really go wrong

just about every one sells a rig that defies the laws of gravity these days

Pretty much sums up everything in two posts. Budget, Do you want it "scale" or not, and what is your end goal for performance.

So many great "RTR" kits out there from Axial, Vanquish, etc right now.

Anything these days is better than the Ax10, lol. All i can suggest is find a vehicle in the scale size you want to drive and what you can afford. Otherwise it's just opinions, really.

I was kind of in the same boat. I have a ton of older stuff, but then like you said life took over. If you're truly coming from an original AX-10, you'll love the options.

I went ahead and bought two RTR's. I got the SCX10 CJ-7 and the UTB18 Capra. For overall just goofing around the yard, these two are great. What I call landscape crawlers. The CJ is fun around the yard, and I have to say, I'm having a ball with this mini Capra. We have a couple of them and they're a slick little rig. And the pricepoint isn't too bad, like $250 for an RTR. Half the price of the CJ.

Do you have a local hobby shop? Go check them out, see what size suits your needs.

I have some buddies who go out about once every few months. One with an ax10 and another with a scx10. If you don’t use it much they are still fun to play with

it has been slow to say the least for a crawler forum :roll: :ror:
You know things are bad when even the last few hold-outs begin to disappear...but i sense there will be a resurgence

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

You know things are bad when even the last few hold-outs begin to disappear...but i sense there will be a resurgence

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

Let’s hope there is. I still check in daily, I like seeing what everyone is up to. I’ve just never done much worth posting, and I’ve had even less time for my own rigs lately.

Let’s hope there is. I still check in daily, I like seeing what everyone is up to. I’ve just never done much worth posting, and I’ve had even less time for my own rigs lately.

Same here. Spring is always busy for me and leaves little time for tiny trucks.

Hopefully I can get back to my unfinished builds sooner than later.

Back