• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Getting back into crawlers/scales(still a noob) Frankenbuild advice/help plz

Mgmgtech

Hello all,
Long time reader, first time poster..
Many eons ago I was big into custom RCs...Drift cars, FPV drones and crawlers which I planned to evolve into a,somewhat scaler. Axial wraith with all VP axle hardware, custom SS tube chassis(nearly identical to stock plastic), along with integy and,STRC, with MIP driveshafts. I HAD the HD axle internals but I thought I'd get some practice out of the stock internals in the,VP axles...
Did I mention I,had the brilliant idea to run dual TRAKPower MP 17.5T BLDC motors and a TRAKPower 75C 3S Brick.
Man the sound of the gears dieing a horrible death was just the worst thing. It couldn't have come at a worse time in my life. Sadly I had to put it on hold, nicely boxed up with my other RC odds,and ends(I displayed my working units). Well at some point over the following years my sociopathic **** ***** ***** ************ EX-fiance came across these things in a drug-fueled(I had no idea early on) rampage and what she did with a vast majority of the parts and works in progress is anyone's guess. I only recently discovered this about a 2months ago. Oddly enough, while the VP wraith axles are gone as are the 2.2 Alu beadlocks and Sedona tires, yet I discovered integy CNC AL,
SCX10 front and rear axles with full HD internal and AL external pieces installed aswell as a set of 1.9 alloy beadlock wheels and tires. Most of the upper parts are still there, several sets of suspension links, but 0 shocks, transmission, 1 MIP shaft and 1 integy shaft, I still have the custom tube chassis sans body panels, also not a single led or really any electronics, except 1 TRAKPower 17.5T and ESC a Tekin 35T FXR kit and a FLYSKY stick TX and RX.

SO with that being said. I want to build something, I think I've got everything for a Wraith 1.9 w SCX axles right? I've heard its much more scale looking. I realize ill need to do some custom work for this to work but I do have a goodn3D Printer aswell as some metal fab tools.
I've already done some 3d parts modeling and ive,decides,to go more scale this time.

Will this be,feasible? Should I give up?
I'll post pics when my mew camera is delivered and ill take some screenshots of my 3d modeled parts.

Advice/suggestions/comments/flames/death threats
Please!

Last edited:
I can't help much with the 1.9 wraith, though there are a few build threads of them on this forum I've come across.That motor you have, the trakpower, pain in the rear to find bearings for it, seems the reedy sonic mach 3 bearings fit, just ordered a set myself, will find out soon. Good luck with the build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back