• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Get them while you can

I just pulled the trigger and pretty sure I know who it's going to! "thumbsup"
So much fun to be able to pass it forward!!! "thumbsup"
Ernie

Ernie is the man! Still angry I couldn't swing BTF. That spare kit was gonna be my secret entry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Going to be my first Ascender... now I've got a whole new sub-forum to read, lol

Oh man! Welcome to the group! There's lots of us in here willing to help if you have any questions. For sure the best sub-forum around!

Thanks. Been eyeballing them for a while, and with the price of the kit I had to go for it. It actually puts me over my RC budget for about 3 months, lol, but thankfully I have plenty of stuff as spares that will let me assemble the kit.
Oh man! Welcome to the group! There's lots of us in here willing to help if you have any questions. For sure the best sub-forum around!

Going to be my first Ascender... now I've got a whole new sub-forum to read, lol

And the good thing is you didn't have to ride your Motorcycle to Northern Ca to pick it up!! ;-) :lmao:
Ernie

What a deal! I'm ordering tonight. Now I get to shop for electronics, sweet! I'm thinking HW1080/HH 27T Trailmaster/JX servo and I'll go ol skool and stick the flysky receiver in a balloon in that RX box.

It will be the first Ascender in Mongolia.

You guys will love the Ascender. It's such a well-designed and well built truck made from high quality materials.

Would a Tekin T35 hand wound w/ FXR be a decent choice for this truck?

Excellent choice. You could save yourself money and be nearly as happy with a HobbyWing WP 1080 ESC and a Holmes Hobbies sealed can TrailMaster Sport motor.

Excellent choice. You could save yourself money and be nearly as happy with a HobbyWing WP 1080 ESC and a Holmes Hobbies sealed can TrailMaster Sport motor.
X2. I run Holmes sealed cans in all my rigs and slowly swapping my whole fleet to 1080's.

I must not get another has become... how can I find out how to get another. I have an extra K10 cage that I'd want to use on this.

Thoughts of what to sell in order to not piss off the S.O. has started turning its wheels.

They're spares from a trade a while back, but I do really like the 1080s, might just sell the FXR and use that money to buy a 1080...

I went WAY over budget buying this, so I need to try and get it put together using parts I already have on hand so the wife doesn't murder me in my sleep... :lmao:

I must not get another has become... how can I find out how to get another. I have an extra K10 cage that I'd want to use on this.

Thoughts of what to sell in order to not piss off the S.O. has started turning its wheels.

Rent out the Porsche for...little spins "thumbsup"

This really is seriously tempting. No such thing as too many trucks, I have a little space on the shelf unit.

They're spares from a trade a while back, but I do really like the 1080s, might just sell the FXR and use that money to buy a 1080...

I went WAY over budget buying this, so I need to try and get it put together using parts I already have on hand so the wife doesn't murder me in my sleep... :lmao:
Then throw in the combo you have and run it. It's a solid starting point for any rig. The RTR Ascender comes with a 35T in it. I run 27T in mine to keep up with the lightweight and brushless rigs on the trail but I'm pushing 11 lbs of truck around.

You guys remind me why I don't have and don't want a wife. But girlfriends refuse to remain girlfriends forever! :cry:

You don't see your GF half the time tho so you could get away with addiction-feeding anyway "thumbsup"

Mine is as bad as I am about wanting more trucks and accessories so I'm good :)

Well she lives with me so I see her daily. But her job just makes her fall asleep really early! :lmao:

My money my rules how it gets spent. I let that be known. "thumbsup"

Back