• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Get them while you can

:shock: Oh snap! This changes things. I wasn't planning to buy so soon.
K-5 body is done, not gonna make any more so what's floating for sale in the world is the last of them. I DON'T need another as I have a brand new kit still in a box but man this is tempting....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Damn that's cheap for a kit! Amazing deal which is still one of the best built scalers out there.

There is a 10% off coupon on eBay that can be used too.

A new ascender kit for $225, hmmmm.

Edit: Looks like this coupon is limited to certain sellers, however if one of those 15% off anything coupons pops up while these are still around.

Last edited:
I would imagine Vaterra will re-release the kit will a different body no? It’s hard to imagine they do away with the Ascender kit altogether. Rich has recently pointed out that a Ascender II isn’t immanent so its too soon to phase it out.

Seems like an amazing deal. I hope I don't miss it EXCEPT...doesn't this mean a new version is on the 'Horizon'? Tough call! I'd hate to get one and then watch a new, amazing kit version come out with all sorts of cool upgrades...What to do, what to do?

I would imagine Vaterra will re-release the kit will a different body no? It’s hard to imagine they do away with the Ascender kit altogether. Rich has recently pointed out that a Ascender II isn’t immanent so its too soon to phase it out.

Rich said the K10 body is sticking around, but that has never been offered as a kit. TBD if they offer a K10 kit.

Seems like an amazing deal. I hope I don't miss it EXCEPT...doesn't this mean a new version is on the 'Horizon'? Tough call! I'd hate to get one and then watch a new, amazing kit version come out with all sorts of cool upgrades...What to do, what to do?
Well if it's the kit and not the Blazer shell you're after, now that they are discontinued I'd imagine you could get some of your investment back selling the clear shell. Makes it a little less painful in the event something new is released and more tiny trucks is better than less tiny trucks...

Well if it's the kit and not the Blazer shell you're after, now that they are discontinued I'd imagine you could get some of your investment back selling the clear shell. Makes it a little less painful in the event something new is released and more tiny trucks is better than less tiny trucks...

Spoken like a true Ascendaholic:ror:

THIS. 100%

the original ascender is still holding its own out there against newer rigs with "more features"... ;-)

if i was in the market right now (read: i'm broke) i would snatch one up!

Dang. I almost want to buy one just for the sake of having a "spare" body at that price!
My parts bin is screaming at me "fill me! Fill me!" You guys aren't making this easy on me. I just shared but am oh so tempted... The lady already saw me smerkimg and when I fessed up (idiot) she said "you don't need another Blazer!!!" Plus I still have a brand new unopened kit from the Feb sale. 2 is ALMOST being greedy.

Back