• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gearing with Traxx

c03morrison

Hey everyone! First time posting and it’s a question about the motor pinion gear in relation to adding a set of Traxxas Traxx to my Gen8 V2. I’ve checked out the thread which has a chart in shows everything about the gearing. Now I’ve been running stock gearing with a 3s when the chart says I should be at a 11 tooth gear. If I run with the Traxx on a stock gearing setup what’s the issue and will it decrease the life of the motor along with battery life? With adding a lower gear to like 14-15 help keep the motor cooler and not put as much stress on battery life too? Thank you in advance.

58781e842567c84dfe787c008746ee75.jpg

This is my rig. eBay cab, eBay rear cage, eBay lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no issue, you can run stock gearing....at least on a TRX4. That is my experience. Motor heat Will be affected, so with the life span of a brushed motor depending on your throttle habits. One could argue a slower rig is recommended to decrease stress on the track mechanism as well. The pinion change obviously accomplishes this.

My advice is go brushless and have more fun. If something breaks, fix it and alter your driving habits

Back