• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gearing chart

I've found that using 32p is better on the wraith. The Spur gear doesnt strip it self as easily as a 48p

I've found that using 32p is better on the wraith. The Spur gear doesnt strip it self as easily as a 48p

Correct. This for people that want to switch over to 32p but don't know what 32p gearing to go with, this chart should help with that.

thanks eric i've been wanting to go with a 32 on my ttc and my wreaith..but really could figure out how to get close to what im running now with a 48p...thanks alot"thumbsup"

Seems the gear charts are no longer on Robinson's site, see if these are of any help.

Axial%20Gear%20Chart%2048%20pitch%20even_zpsrd9pvhyl.jpg

Axial%20Gear%20Chart%2048%20pitch%20odd_zpsstzjjsgn.jpg

Axial%20Gear%20Chart%2032%20pitch%20even_zpsv9so1uk2.jpg

Axial%20Gear%20Chart%2032%20pitch%20odd_zps0mmatlxe.jpg

Last edited:
There are some errors in your cells. At first glance 78/15 is not 8.67, 77/15 is not 8.56, 56/11 is not 6.22 ... and 55/11 is not 6.11, 54/14...etc
Maybe use formulas in excel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's why I'm not fond of that style of chart, you have to enter or at least adjust the formula in each cell. You get random mistakes or keystroke errors and I just didn't catch them all before converting the charts to JPEGs.

I'll get them fixed and upload a new set in a few minutes.

Just use =B$1/$A2 in the first cell and use the black square in the lower right corner of the selected cell to populate it down the first column and then across the top row. Then repeat on the first cell in each row.

(Note: B$1/$A2 assumes you have nothing above the spur count row. So B1 is the first pinion gear and A2 is the first spur gear.)

sorry, didnt mean that to sound critical. just make one formula and copy paste it into the other cells and excel will adjust.

Just use =B$1/$A2 in the first cell and use the black square in the lower right corner of the selected cell to populate it down the first column and then across the top row. Then repeat on the first cell in each row.

(Note: B$1/$A2 assumes you have nothing above the spur count row. So B1 is the first pinion gear and A2 is the first spur gear.)

Thanks for the tip. It's going to save me a lot of time with the next sheet in this format. I assumed there was something simple I had forgotten or just didn't know, I would have never guessed it was the $.

sorry, didnt mean that to sound critical. just make one formula and copy paste it into the other cells and excel will adjust.

No offense taken. :) There are lot of keystrokes in that spreadsheet and if you see errors before I do, I don't mind you pointing them out.

The problem I had with this style of spreadsheet was the formula wanted to change both cell locations as I pasted it into the other cells (e.g. =B3/A4, =B4/A5, =B5/A6 etc. down the column). Had the same results with pasting across the rows, I needed the "A" to remain constant. Not an issue with most of the spreadsheets I've built, but I needed some of the cells to stay constant while others increased with each successive paste.

Thanks to PacoToca, using =B$3/A4 fixed the problem down the column and using =B$3/$A4 fixed the problem both down the column and across the rows. I assumed there was a way to keep one or more cells constant while pasting I just didn't know what it was.

New charts are up, you may have to refresh the page and/or delete some internet cache for them to show up.

Thanks for the tip. It's going to save me a lot of time with the next sheet in this format. I assumed there was something simple I had forgotten or just didn't know, I would have never guessed it was the $.

Thanks to PacoTaco, using =B$3/$A4 fixed the problem down the column and using =B$3/$A4 fixed the problem both down the column and across the rows. I assumed there was a way to keep one or more cells constant while pasting I just didn't know what it was.

You're welcome! I work in IT at an accounting firm and picked that up from the accountants.
You can also fix it to a single cell by using $A$2

I don't know how people strip out 48 pitch so much. Even running an overkill 4 pole or outrunner I've yet to strip a spur. Break tranny gears and drivelines all the time, but never a spur.

That's good to hear John, I've just installed a Crawlmaster pro 540 16T with a BRXL and swapped to 3S, love the low speed control and POWA running 13/87 in a Wraith, it's an awesome low speed crawler now.

I don't know how people strip out 48 pitch so much. Even running an overkill 4 pole or outrunner I've yet to strip a spur. Break tranny gears and drivelines all the time, but never a spur.
Word. I've got 32s in one rig and honestly, it's just loud and sloppy. It is, however, bulletproof. Shy of a 1515 even alu 48 should more than suffice.

So I'm currently running an ezrun wsc8 and a 9t geared 23/84, which has good speed (wouldn't mind a little more tbh) but not quite enough torque. I would. Like to drop the kv a little to give me some more torque but keep the speed. If I went to 13.5t brushless ( not bothered about the best name brands as my car is usually submerged and I can't warrant buying the best to drown and abuse) what gearing would I use to maintain my high ish speed ? I'm running 48 pitch as I prefer it as my weak point.

So I'm currently running an ezrun wsc8 and a 9t geared 23/84, which has good speed (wouldn't mind a little more tbh) but not quite enough torque. I would. Like to drop the kv a little to give me some more torque but keep the speed. If I went to 13.5t brushless ( not bothered about the best name brands as my car is usually submerged and I can't warrant buying the best to drown and abuse) what gearing would I use to maintain my high ish speed ? I'm running 48 pitch as I prefer it as my weak point.

Brushless motors with lower KV rating do not produce more torque at the same voltage than those of higher KV ratings (if construction and material quality are equal) so you're not going to gain torque by going to a lower KV motor then gearing up to keep your speed. A slower motor with higher gearing is going to produce less torque while running hotter.

The best way to gain torque and keep wheelspeed is go with a 4 pole motor around 3500kv on 3S then gear down to the desired top end speed. To get an idea on gearing, you would need to know the KV rating on your current motor.

Back