• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Forestbumpr's RR10 Bomber Build

Well, the Locked UP RC FI spools and 43/13 gears came in late last night! Also my surprise showed up "thumbsup" I will post a picture of it mounted later.....

I am kind of disappointed with VP right now.... I went to install my RC4WD King shocks on the rear trailing arms and the shocks did not fit! I basically had the choice of either shaving the trailing arms, or shaving the King shock rod ends. I decided to shave the rod ends because that can't be seen very easily. So here is what the bottom of the rear shocks look like:

DSC_7242_zpstdgssdpp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7243_zpsc0ju7mk6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was able to install the Axial machined motor mount as well today!

DSC_7254_zps8acqtsw5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also, I rigged up some body pins instead of screws for the gear cover. It is a whole lot easier to access the gears like this instead of having to undo screws each and every time you want to change your slipper or gears! It is very simple to make as well! As you can see in the picture, it is a tight fit too! The zip tie with tubing is just so there is something super easy to grab onto.

DSC_7256_zpszwnbhnl6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How are you liking the king shocks?

I've got some Tower e-cash I need to use up.

I have actually not used them yet. The truck is currently torn apart for new spools and gears "thumbsup"

BUT, I have had a couple different pairs of King and I really do like them! I do wish they made longer rod ends that you could use so I wouldn't have to do this mod.

As a I was taking apart the rear axle I realized that there was 2 set screws missing and I accidentally stripped one other set screw.:cry: It appears that the previous owner put loads and loads of loctite on the set screws as well. :shock:

Does anyone know where I can get some screws to replace these?

If you're talking about the wheel hexes, I would suggest replacing them with a good set of clamping hexes. Those set screw type never stay tight even with red loctite. I know.

If you're talking about the wheel hexes, I would suggest replacing them with a good set of clamping hexes. Those set screw type never stay tight even with red loctite. I know.

X2
In a pinch regular hex' with set screw work but you will never worry about clamping ones.

Also remember loctite is to aid in locking a screw. Far too many use loctite like glue. More is not better.

X2
In a pinch regular hex' with set screw work but you will never worry about clamping ones.

Also remember loctite is to aid in locking a screw. Far too many use loctite like glue. More is not better.

Thanks for the information... My wheels hexes are actually just fine. It is the set screws on the Curries. I believe that the previous owner did indeed over loctite a few of these screws on accident. I would like to find the set screws for the Curries.

Back