• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

FMS K10 vs. FMS K5...thoughts?

Wakko

New to crawlers, not new to RC. I bought my 6 year old son a WPL C24 and want to get something for myself. I really like the look of the standard bed K10, but I also love the Fall Guy coloring of the new K5. I believe that the K5 has a two speed, but the K10 doesn't. I'm leaning towards the K5 just for that purpose.

Any thoughts? This will likely be more of a dirt driver and not a crawl track.

The K10 or the lower price (often but not always) EazyRC Glacier has a true hardbody with a chassis floor/inner fender-wells and interiors (seat, steering wheel, dashboard) and a working tailgate so that will be more similar to your son's WPL C24 which also has an interior.

At this point, all the 1/18 and 1/24 FMS/Rochobby/EazyRC trucks are all modular and you can customize them at your discretion. You know, add the 2-speed transmission and portal axles to a truck that didn't have them originally. The WPL "Toyota Hilux" trucks are also customizable but a bit more crude, maybe.
If you buy yourself a K5 or K10 your son will want one too because they are quite different compared to WPL stuff. :mrgreen:

I hate recommending Failbook for anything but they have Groups there that have exploded on the RC hobby venue and there are numerous people doing mods on these trucks that the old-school RC discussion forum format can't quite keep up with.

P.S. If you want to stay Toyota, the FMS 1/18 Toyota Hilux (a 1984 4th Gen model I think) would be comparable to the WPL C24. I think it actually scales to 1/14 scale. It's as long as the K10 but in real life is a smaller truck. :roll:

the wpl will be a good bit larger than the 18th scale fms stuff.

the k5 has the better axles and transmission, but if you add those same two things to the k10, i think the k10 is better.

i have an fcx24 and a few of the fms 18th scale rigs, with and without fcx24 portals on them. all good choices in the end imo

you can also do a LOT with the c24 and wpl's in general if you know what you are doing, here's my c24 on some pretty aggressive rocks https://youtu.be/26LEcSJG41U

Back