• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Flysky gt5 problems or???

tigris99

Rock Crawler
Have 2 GT5s. Bought one for my son last summer. Works fine with included rx.

Bought myself one on sale in the fall so I had a second transmitter. Works fine with included RX.

Bought a 3ch RX, won't bind

Bought a couple micro rx from crossoverRX for my trx4ms instead of the 3xh. WONT BIND. Guy who recommended the crossovers told me how he does it, has 3 running 0 issues. Tried that, won't bind.

I can bind my son's rx to my tx and his tx to my rx no problem.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

The CrossoverRX would be the FR7012-2A or FR7018-2A, those are the only two I've found that work with the GT5.

Edit: I'm trying to find a 3ch from them in AFHDS 2A, and haven't found it yet.

Last edited:
There's a different binding process for the FS-A3 receivers. Went through this myself so I wrote it down.

1-Make sure Tx is off and plug ESC and Servo into Rx
2-Install bind plug in Rx
3-Power up Rx. Rx should fast flash
4-Hold "bind" button on TX and then turn on Tx power button
5-Lights on Rx should soon start to flash slow
6-Turn off Tx
7-Turn Tx back on but this time without the bind button pushed

Hope this works for you. I have several FS-A3s and they all work/bound okay.

Last edited:
Okay, for giggle I just tried to bind the last batch of 3 ch Rx I just got from Amazon yesterday and the above process does NOT work. The model # is different too. This is an FS-GR3E. Not the FS3A.

Edit: Apparently there are different Flysky 3 channel 2.4 surface receivers. The FS-GR3E is NOT compatible with the GT5 Rx. Looks like I have an Amazon return process in my future. Oh well, my mistake.

Last edited:
There's a different binding process for the FS-A3 receivers. Went through this myself so I wrote it down.

1-Make sure Tx is off and plug ESC and Servo into Rx
2-Install bind plug in Rx
3-Power up Rx. Rx should fast flash
4-Hold "bind" button on TX and then turn on Tx power button
5-Lights on Rx should soon start to flash slow
6-Turn off Tx
7-Turn Tx back on but this time without the bind button pushed

Hope this works for you. I have several FS-A3s and they all work/bound okay.
AWESOME THAT WORKED for the 3 channel RXs I have!!!

Thanks a ton.

Now just to figure out bind process for crossover rx (if these versions even work with gt5)

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

As you have figured out, the FS-GR3E receiver is not compatible with the FS-GT5 transmitter. The FS-GR3E is ment for use with the Flysky GT2, GT2B, GT3B, GT3C transmitters. Seems more and more these days the new transmitter technology is not backwards compatible with previous receiver versions.

New radio - New receivers > money, money, money :!:

Back