• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

First Clod Equals New Projects

gsgraber92

Pebble Pounder
I was also one of those that drooled over the Clod when I was young. I just recently got one of my own and was inspired to design my own chassis that would have a modern look while utilizing Clod components.
3de271f69dc065a6ecc88db16f5acc10.jpg

The chassis is nearly all 3D printed in PETG

deb5216487e56e8a7a714864f1649386.jpg

The wheelbase only lengthen slightly 11.8”

a6bb1efb586955a78d8b9783f308df4f.jpg

While Inspired by Drummon on Thingiverse this is my own design from the ground up. I did use his body mounting nuts. It’s a four link setup with no torsion bars. I was going for more of a traditional monster truck not a racer. Next project will be more of a tubular design...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did. I felt like the super clod intake was way to big. So I modified them to work together.

Cool, I'm thinking that as well as that it's too cartoonie compared to the original scoop. I'm debating on trying what you just did with the kit scoop on the blower or just the bug catcher.

I cut the rectangular base off of the air intake. Used one screw and glued it together. Then epoxied the air intake to the blower housing. You can still use screws to mount it down to the body.

That looks great! Do you have any larger photos so I can zoom in and see more detail?

I just love this thing. Is it 3D printed or laser cut?

Did you purposely extend the wheelbase? It looks good and I'm sure it handles better this way.

It is completely 3D printed.

235630c8a3a34abb622f5ea99295c37c.jpg

I had to stretch it slightly to get the motors to clear a little more. The goal was to be able to use the Clod body and it not look too ridiculously stretched. I used 550 Holmes, but will probably go to 540 for more clearance. It has more flex than stock but not like that of a crawler. More like a traditional monster truck.

Last edited:
No not really. I’m not real familiar with the wheelie king chassis. More of a TXT style.

Back