• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

First Annual MNRCRC Top Truck Challenge - Oct 16th, 2016

Added some details to the rules.
Basic rule for the TTC, no HOG. Penalties are basically just for getting tires off course.
can't wait for this competition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if it will be ready in time, but mark me down for 1.9 anyways. If nothing else, I'll be there snapping pics.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ok boys. It's a little over a week to the ttc. We need some help to get all the courses finished and ready for the event.

Planning on one evening next week and the Saturday before the event. That way we hit the ground running on Sunday.

Reply if you're available for a tues or Wednesday evening and or Saturday even if it's just for an hour or so.

Thanks,
Dana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't help on that Saturday. But I could probably do next Tuesday or Wednesday.

depending on times I might be able to help during the week but most likely not. However the weekend does work! On a side note I will not be competing in this event since I was not able to sell items fast enough to get my rig going. So I will just help judge and ref or whatever needs to be done!

I can't help on that Saturday. But I could probably do next Tuesday or Wednesday.

depending on times I might be able to help during the week but most likely not. However the weekend does work! On a side note I will not be competing in this event since I was not able to sell items fast enough to get my rig going. So I will just help judge and ref or whatever needs to be done!

Thanks guys. I'll post more on the plan in the next days. Getting ready for crawlapalooza.

That sucks river. But thanks for sticking around to help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok boys, been trying to figure this out.

Looks like Thursday night is a work night. We'll start down in the woods on the frame twister. Then Work on the rock pile when it gets dark.

Saturday morning will also be a work day. Finalize the obstacle course route, mud pit, and tank trap.

Let me know if you can help!!

Made some updates to the rules in the OP. I created a tracking sheet so we can keep tabs on the standings real time on Sunday. Me and the #Brodozer are really looking forward to this!

Made some updates to the rules in the OP. I created a tracking sheet so we can keep tabs on the standings real time on Sunday. Me and the #Brodozer are really looking forward to this!
What changed? I read through the rules again, and didn't notice any differences. Thanks.

Just a couple things around points. As I was making the spreadsheet. Needed to tweak somethings to make this easy to keep track of.

There will be a 5 point spread between 1st 2nd 3rd etc.

Also changed that if you go off the course with all 4 tires, break down completely, run out of time, or run out of battery on course, you don't get a low dns score. Your progress is marked at that point and your place will be dependent on where everyone else finishes.

The goal is to keep it simple to officiate.

A lot of ttc rules I've read have you stop as soon as one tire gets off course. To make it fun for anyone wanted to have it so they can keep going.

We will go over the rules on Sunday. Hopefully tell work out like I'm thinking... ;)

I cant guaranty ill make it but id like to try for 1.9. I may not be able to stay whole time either. Depends how long i can keep kids wrangled and interested. If it would fit id like to have my 7yr old run his redcat 2.2 moa truck. Mind having a moa truck in 2.2? Probably stay out of the water events but i think itd be fun, trying to get both kids more excited about the trucks too.

Kids are always welcome! And all rigs are welcome, too, but be advised that this event is going to be tough on em.

It's gonna be a blast! Can't wait to see how both of my reconfigured rigs do!

I cant guaranty ill make it but id like to try for 1.9. I may not be able to stay whole time either. Depends how long i can keep kids wrangled and interested. If it would fit id like to have my 7yr old run his redcat 2.2 moa truck. Mind having a moa truck in 2.2? Probably stay out of the water events but i think itd be fun, trying to get both kids more excited about the trucks too.

It's Diego right?

Hope you can make it out. Would be great to crawl with you again!

And yes, MOA rigs are more than welcome. We're only judging by tire size.

Dana

Well boys and girls, the course is almost ready!!

Thanks Adam and River for the help tonight!

Mini Rubicon...Done
Hill climb...Done except boundary markers
Truck pull...Done except boundary markers
Frame twister...Done
Mud pit...Done

Only thing left is the obstacle course and the Tank Trap

Can't wait to see you all on Sunday!

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight. Sounds like you guys made huge progress!

I picked up more of those orange cones, if you didn't already have something in mind for the boundaries.

How tough is the walking trail I have a pretty bad knee. I want to show up but I don't know if I could do the trail hiking. I miss out all year because of that but i could try if it is not to steep of a hill.

Hi Jay. The course is in the woods behind Phil's house. The trail down to the main area is pretty easy. There is a nice decent to get down to the main area with the courses.
If you are competing. The hardest spot will be the obstacle course. There are some spots to climb there.

Thanks for the info. I am going to try and make it and give it a run. I think i have been to his house once but im not sure if is in fridley. Can you pm me his adress. Thanks.

Back