• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Finally back and need advice

Hi guys,

So I've been into the rc hobby for years and years now and I really enjoy it. Anyway I used to be primarily into rc trail rigs and have built a ton of axial rigs but all were scale scx10 type vehicles.
Anyway a couple years ago I got into the mini z overland vehicle and sold my axial collection as I made a small trail in the back yard and my friends all got into the overlands. Now I still have my overland rc vehicles but miss the bigger 4wd rigs.

So I did research and decided to pick up the ecx temper as i heard it was a rock solid platform for 140.00. And it's not huge either(which is reason I sold the axial rigs, not enough space) which is what I need.

So I bought it this morning and have just looked at it and checked to make sure of no binds or loose screws or anything like that.

Anyway I want to do something a little different with this crawler I want to make this little crawler my primary rig rather than having multiple vehicles like I did before. And I didn't want another axial I wanted to build something deifferent besides axial or rc4wd stuff.

So when I started upgrades before I went all out on aluminum and steel parts eliminating as much plastic as possible but since then I've learned not only is it expensive it's not necessary.

So here's the reason for the post:
What are some worthwhile upgrades to make this a capable primary trail rig? I don't want to upgrade anything unless it has an effect of performance or durability.(truck will be used daily for at least 1-2 hours or more a day)

Sorry for a long post and thanks for any replies or suggestions.

Back