• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Fallen's 3rd (and final) Twin Hammers

I have a classic 3 gear in one of mine as well. Cannot take credit for the 3d printed adapter, it was a Shapeways piece if I remember correctly.

smog-71996-albums4083-69212.jpg

smog-71996-albums4083-68735.jpg

What are your steering bellcranks from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Monkey. Sorry to side track your thread Fallen

When I see the camera mounted on the driver's shoulders I can't help but imagining a servo underneath. Allowing you to look left and right as you steer

No worries on the thread hijack. Just because I started a thread doesn't mean I get to tell people what they can or cannot talk about.

And it would be nice to have my camera pan left & right with steering inputs. I haven't been in enough situations where I needed it that I've sat down and tried to figure that out yet.

But there has been a time or two where a look over the shoulder would have been helpful.

Nothing particularly new here, as Sand Scorcher bodies on Twin Hammers isn't an original idea here. But I warn the Sand Scorcher afficionados: avert your eyes! You're about to see a hack job. This was my first time working with a hardbody, and it looks like it.

Everything started out peacefully enough. But I knew from the several other Twin Scorcher builds that modification of the cage would be necessary to fit this body. I'm not about to cut up a discontinued cage, so I decided to cut the body up.

I decided to use some Plastic Weld to reconnect those fenders to the hood. I used some bridge pieces to help strengthen the joints. I also bought some putty that I thought I'd use to make the joint disappear. I never ended up using it. Maybe on subsequent hard bodies I'll get that involved.

I'm glad I finally did this. I've wanted to put a Scorcher body onto a Twin Hammers for years. To help clear what's left of the fenders, I went down to 1.55 wheels & tires. This wheel and tire set came from a 1/10 Element. I initially bought the wheels for my Yeti Jr, but they ended up being way too big for that. I pretty much put the Scorcher body on just so I'd have a reason to put these wheels to use.

Back