• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ESC Motor Frequency settings -- HELP

Stray

Quarry Creeper
Hi Team,

can some one help me with ESC motor frequency settings, i can go from 2k up to 16k.

Im not really sure what they do, but I seem to have an issue with temps, and i was wondering if playing with these settings can help.

if you need anymore info please let me know.

Im using a Hobbywing ESC

Hi Team,

can some one help me with ESC motor frequency settings, i can go from 2k up to 16k.

Im not really sure what they do, but I seem to have an issue with temps, and i was wondering if playing with these settings can help.

if you need anymore info please let me know.

Im using a Hobbywing ESC
The higher the PWM frequency, the more it will generate heat.
Also the higher the PWM, the less most people can hear the motor noise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I run my hobbywing 1080 at max frequency
Zero noise and I haven't seen any increase in temps

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As stated, higher frequency will increase ESC temps in most cases. It can also lower motor temp, depending on motor inductance and load.

Most people enjoy the higher settings in a crawler because it makes less audible noise.

Back