• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Electronics and battery layout on LCG builds with forward motor mounts

SaltyDog

Rock Stacker
Wondering what everyone’s layout is under the shell.

I’m building a Gspeed V3 with forward mounted motor, TGH duel servo mount, and Power Wagon cab. As far as I see the only option is to mount the battery on one slider and put the ESC and receiver on the other.

Is that basically the standard placement for everyone too? Any ideas on how to lock the battery in place?

Ah. Well here's an example of my electronics placement even though I don't have a forward motor mount setup.

ESC in FMM area, receiver on skid, then each slider got a battery (one for ESC and other for servo). I want to corner weigh it to see how close I am to even left and right balance. Since I don't have a FMM but did add a 850mah battery, I think the both of those are probably pretty close in weight (battery probably more). Thought I'd share anyway.

324b76771220c783ff1fb9d1d55522bc.jpg

Ah. Well here's an example of my electronics placement even though I don't have a forward motor mount setup.

ESC in FMM area, receiver on skid, then each slider got a battery (one for ESC and other for servo). I want to corner weigh it to see how close I am to even left and right balance. Since I don't have a FMM but did add a 850mah battery, I think the both of those are probably pretty close in weight (battery probably more). Thought I'd share anyway.

324b76771220c783ff1fb9d1d55522bc.jpg

Visually it looks pretty well believed to me. What do you use to secure your batteries?

Hopefully, in my case, a 2000mAH pack on one side will balance out an ESC and receiver on the other... or at least close enough.

I use Gorilla adhesive tape but any strong adhesive tape will do, but I've seen people use Velcro as well.

Back