• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ECX Barrage - motor getting very hot, traxxas 380 upgrade?

Does anyone know of a good brushless setup for this? Would the 1/16 scale traxxas combo work or the castle Mamba micro X 1/18 combo? Looking at getting the doomsday for my son who will more than likely be doing sand driving than rock crawling. I've never had anything run a 380 or 390 can before. It seems as if this RC is on a 1/10 frame, but uses 1/18 electronics? Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know of a good brushless setup for this? Would the 1/16 scale traxxas combo work or the castle Mamba micro X 1/18 combo? Looking at getting the doomsday for my son who will more than likely be doing sand driving than rock crawling. I've never had anything run a 380 or 390 can before. It seems as if this RC is on a 1/10 frame, but uses 1/18 electronics? Thanks for the help!

Yes comes stock with mini electronics but really I've read about people putting hobbywing 1060 and 1080 esc in which aren't 1/18 scale.
Here is a link for brushless motors
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi...940-brushless-380-390-size-motor-systems.html

Back