• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dumb SCX10 II servo voltage/torque/speed questions

ANZAC

Servo questions: My ESC/BEC can output either 6.0 or 7.4 volts. My receiver can handle up to 9.6 volts. Running 3s 4000mAH battery.

I need two servos (one for steering, one for gearbox).

I assume both should be the same voltage spec.

Any huge advantage to using 7.4v spec servos over 6.0v? Just speed? (there are fast 6.0 volt servos...) I am just bashing/crawling around, not racing.

Also, for an SCX10 II with stock 1.9 wheels, do I need a high torque servo?
What type of torque/speed should I be looking for? >=200 oz, < .011 sec ish?

Thanks.

Given the same torque and speed a higher voltage servo will draw fewer amps and run cooler.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Higher voltage on servos will give you more power. Check out the ratings of most servos, normally they give a 6VDC and a 7VDC rating of oz/torque.

Generally speaking, 200 oz is ok for trailing. 300oz is good trailing and light to moderate crawling. 400oz+ is good for crawling.

Higher voltage on servos will give you more power. Check out the ratings of most servos, normally they give a 6VDC and a 7VDC rating of oz/torque.

Generally speaking, 200 oz is ok for trailing. 300oz is good trailing and light to moderate crawling. 400oz+ is good for crawling.

Thanks, that's super helpful. I'm coming from a 20 year old Tamiya TB-01!

I assume for crawling that torque is more important than speed, within reason.

Back