• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dravtech shock issue who to contact?

HumboldtEF

Tiny truck hoarder
Lifetime Gold Baby!
I picked up a few sets of Dravtecs from Dlux Fab and ran into an issue with one of the shock bodies. One has a snap ring groove that wasnt machined correctly. Its missing the bottom part of the groove so it wont hold the snap ring in place. When I feel for this groove with a small flat head screwdriver i cant feel a groove on this one shock body.

Bad one on the left

AyCmAeTl.jpg

Good shocks all measure the same
apOtmdkl.jpg

Bad one is just a touch shorter

VX2SciUl.jpg

I'm trying to get in touch with Eric from Dlux Fab but I haven't got any response at all. I emailed him on the 12th so I feel I've given him enough time to respond. I just sent him PM hoping he might see it.

Anyway now I'm wondering if Eric takes care of issues like this or not, or should I be contacting Dravtec directly?

I suppose I'll shoot Dravtec an Email just to see though I dont even see shocks listed on their site which seems odd.

I know its a busy time of year so I'd like to believe I'm not just being ignored.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly Erik is in the middle of moving out to Portland, OR (my neck of the woods) he said he will be unable to deal with orders for awhile over December. I know a simple reply would be nice to have from him,but I do know he was unable to operate properly for a bit.

EDIT: As for the issue, that is something he will gladly take care no doubt. Hopefully he gets back to you soon. I will point him towards this, but he should be back just before Christmas he says.

Last edited:
Hey Thanks Joshs4x4toyz knowing that helps a ton!

I'll just sit tight but its great to know that he's just busy and not ignoring me.

Moving is not an excuse to ignore paying customers. If you have a business you either enable an auto-response email letting the customer know what's happening or you take a few minutes out of each day to respond to emails on your phone. With cellphones, "not reachable by phone or email" is no longer a valid excuse.

If you wanted to play hardball you could file a claim with your credit card or PayPal. I'm sure he'd magically see and respond to that.

Well I forgot to update this thread afterwards but Eric did indeed take care of me and my shock issue.

Its sad to see Dravtec is closing its doors, I think i'll try to grab another set or 2 while I still can.

The Dravtec shocks are nothing more than Traxxas Big Bore shocks which have been machined on the outside to remove the finish so they can be anodized different colors.

Traxxas Big Bores come in a number of lengths.
90mm = #2660
100mm =#2661
110mm =#2662

Last edited:
What you dont get out of the Traxxas big bores is the nice compact size ideal for tight front ends.

The Traxxas 2660 is the exact same shock. I have both and there is no noticable difference between the two other than color. Internal parts are interchangeable and the top cap and diaphram can be used on both.

Last edited:
I know this is literally the same shock with very minor differences. Regular Big Bores have a 14-15mm diameter with the spring being a larger diameter than the shock body where a Dravtech has a 12mm diameter and the spring is the same diameter of the (turned down) shock body.

When a tire is at full lock and rubbing or close to rubbing on a shock this is where the Dravtechs come in hand, also as I said in tight front ends.

Last edited:
The Dravtec shocks are nothing more than Traxxas Big Bore shocks which have been machined on the outside to remove the finish so they can be anodized different colors.

Traxxas Big Bores come in a number of lengths.
90mm = 2660
100mm =2661
110mm =2662

The Dravtech shocks are machined from scratch.

The Dravtech shocks were always intended to be modified big bores, they just incorporate all the common mods: lathed body, cap mod, spring cups for Mini-T spring.

Nice, do you need a new spring perch for that?

No, the Mini-T short/front springs are pretty much identical to the Dravtech springs.

The Dravtech shocks are machined from scratch.

The Dravtech shocks were always intended to be modified big bores, they just incorporate all the common mods: lathed body, cap mod, spring cups for Mini-T spring.

No, the Mini-T short/front springs are pretty much identical to the Dravtech springs.

You’re completely right. I don’t get where people get this misinformation and then decide to spread it.

Dlux has been producing Dravtech shocks coming up on 2 years now and he isn’t going to stop anytime soon.

Careful, it sounds like what ya'll are sayin is that the Dravtec shock is an unlicensed knockoff of the Traxxas 2660 Big Bore.

Last edited:
Well I forgot to update this thread afterwards but Eric did indeed take care of me and my shock issue.

Its sad to see Dravtec is closing its doors, I think i'll try to grab another set or 2 while I still can.

Dravtec is closing? His site says he's going to focus on minis. That can't mean mini RC's, right? Mini's are pretty much dead.

Dravtec is closing? His site says he's going to focus on minis. That can't mean mini RC's, right? Mini's are pretty much dead.

You know I looked for the post or tweet but I couldn't find anything I just heard it on one of Harley's live streams.

https://youtu.be/XHKa-ue95XI?t=7899

He makes parts for mini comp crawlers using Losi parts. DravTech

Back in Dec 2018 he basically stopped production of everything but Minis (they're still around, just a small niche of the hobby)

Then a couple of weeks agi he posted on facebook that he was completely shutting down.

Back