• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Do all Proline wheels suck this bad?

TK4ever

I bought some proline plastic beadlocks, because standard rims don't work well with their dual stage foams.
One of the screws was badly forged (no hole for the hex and a sharp point at the end, without thread.
The screws are really hard to fit into the plastic
The hexes are too small, they did not fit three different car hexes, I had to take a tool and widen them.

I have two other sets of plastic chinese beadlocks that were half the price, had non of these issues and even came with one extra screw of each type.
:flipoff: Proline, :flipoff:

The only Proline wheels I ever owned ere the old school Proline 8shooters. they were great with 0 issues. Wish I still had them actually...

Pro-Line does some things very well; bodies, tires & shocks. I've never liked their wheels, and so don't ever think of buying wheels made by them

SSD makes nice wheels at a fair price. If you're looking for plastic beadlocks, Axial has some older models of their "IFD" beadlocks you can likely still buy either from them or on RPP's website.

It has probably been 10 years since I used a set of their beadlocks. Darn things had 50+ screws on each wheel. At least they dont do that anymore.

I have a few different proline beadlocks. One set was for the 1st gen slash, where you could use 2.2 wheels. Some other set in 2.2 with chrime rims and silver cast aluminum rings. They all held beads very well.

Back