• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Dezfan’s DR10 “No Prep” Adventures!

dezfan

I wanna be Dave
So Flagstaff hosted a No Prep Cash Days event last Saturday L, Aug. 25th. Drivers from all over Arizona as well as several drivers from So Cal made the trip to race in the cool mountain air Just feet from the Mother Road, Route 66.

John Shotze from Team Associated was on hand For the event and was very helpful with answering a “No Prep nOObies” questions, as did many of the other participants.

The racing was awesome to watch and the competitiveness was impressive!

These guys/gals where on their game and the Shhhhhhh talking and side bets was as entertaining as the racing. Felt like Farmtruck and Azn where right there stirring the pot! 🤣

It was great! 🤘🏼 🤣 👍🏼

So 7 days later and this is where I’m at. 😲

Going to run the J Concepts Cadillac!

Still waiting for sooooo many parts, but it’s a start! 🤣

Enjoy this new addiction. No Prep was enough to drag me back into RC after over 5 years away. I am in a race to get a competitive car together for an event here in 14 days. Time flies.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Got my shocks assembled, these things are sweet.

But I think I’m going to disassemble them add some fuel tubing to shorten them. I don’t see a need for this much travel on a drag car?

Sweet! Following along!

I think the tubing in the shocks is a good idea to keep low.

Can't wait to see what you have planned for it!

No Prep in my area has it's last race next weekend so I'm putting a plan together to build one for next season. I have a Slash 2wd I started converting, but I think the DR10 looks like it would be a better option for drag racing. Will be getting one soon!

Hey congrats Dez! Glad you had a good experience at your local races. They are pretty darn fun and cool to see such a big group of people so passionate about their RCs.

I’ll be following this one along.

I felt similarly about all of the travel. I ended up going with a shorter pair of shock towers and then short 65mm shocks. They only really travel about 10mm or so now.

I am rushing to get her together for a race here on 9/12....we will see how the little shocks help to control launch.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Well boys, she’s a roller.

Just waiting on electrons and tires.

Our group has adopted the NPRC rule set and we’ve decided that since our group is only 5-6 strong at the moment, we’ll all run 13.5 Sportsmen to start.

Should keep the racing close and we won’t all be running drastically different set ups.

I’ve decided to run the Tekin R8 esc as I can grow into it as my tuning skills and desire for more speed increases.

For my motor, going with a Tekin 13.5 G4 Eliminator.

Going to start prepping the body, still haven’t settled on a color(s), and tires should be hear soon...ish.🤣

Sweet! Nice motor and ESC!"thumbsup"

So, is the hot pink Mary Kay Caddy called "Your Mom" off the list of colors???:lmao:

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

This I can’t wait to see![emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YES Lets see the pics of Your Mom. lol

I picked up a 2nd hand lcg slash rig to start with about 4 weeks ago now. Was a roller with no elecs. Still no elects in it (has a stock traxxas servo already).
Decided to drop in a stock Bandit VXL setup for shits and grins to get going. Also ordered the stuff to put on a new TARP Traxxas Conversion kit that should be ready to ship by weeks end.

Then I am doing a 3rd, more ' Scale' Build.
No Prep is HOT HOT HOT.

Found it Joe...:ror:, nice looking build.8)

Good to see you back Carlos!

You gonna build a No Prep car?

Did ya paint it yet Dez? Excited to see Your Mom!

Not yet, got super busy over the last few weeks.

YES Lets see the pics of Your Mom. lol

I picked up a 2nd hand lcg slash rig to start with about 4 weeks ago now. Was a roller with no elecs. Still no elects in it (has a stock traxxas servo already).
Decided to drop in a stock Bandit VXL setup for shits and grins to get going. Also ordered the stuff to put on a new TARP Traxxas Conversion kit that should be ready to ship by weeks end.

Then I am doing a 3rd, more ' Scale' Build.
No Prep is HOT HOT HOT.

I hope to get it painted up soon and then Your Mom is gonna be busting out the switch and whooping some Azz! 🤣

Back