• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Demo's upcoming Mantis build

Got_Demo

Pebble Pounder
Hey guys, been lurking on here on and off for a good while dreaming of a serious MOA build. Its finally time to make it happen and I will be looking for some guidance especially from the Mantis experienced.
Here is a breakdown of the parts list as of now.
XR10 ( built it, looked at it for 5 min then broke it down right away )
BWD Mantis chassis with cab "thumbsup"
BWD 2.2 Mod-Locks 2, 3/4" wide w/ VP hubs. 600s for now but will be playing around with different width combos.
HB Rovers- to be shaved and tread worked a bit
Novak M2 with Rock Star 45T
CC BEC
Hitec 7950TH
Chaotic 3/16" Ti tie-rod straight
Ti link sliders
VP Axel tops, front and rear
VP Knuckles
VP C Hubs
VP Lockouts
VP Rear link mounts
VP Front link mounts
VP Servo armor
VP Transmission case
VP Motor plate
VP Brass knuckle weights
VP Bronze bushings

To be added,
Ti links to replace Mantis front delrin links
Ti link servo horn to knuckle
Rear axel weights, suggestions on best ones to use?

Feel free to chime in with any helpful suggestions or ideas!

Looks like a good start you got going there. I'll be looking forward to seeing this build. As for rear weights it's gonna depend on how much you'll want to add. I run 3 oz. per side so I made my own out of collars, but there are great products out there. Dlux makes a nice weight holder and Blue Monkey RC makes a nice lockout weight set.

Looks like a good start you got going there. I'll be looking forward to seeing this build. As for rear weights it's gonna depend on how much you'll want to add. I run 3 oz. per side so I made my own out of collars, but there are great products out there. Dlux makes a nice weight holder and Blue Monkey RC makes a nice lockout weight set.

Thanks for the info there. I hadnt seen the Blue Monkey setup before. I ordered up a set of their LCG rear weights and the master tuning kit to go along with it.

Forgot to mention in the original post but I also have all the machined gears on the way from Axial and plan on putting them on a diet with a little lathe/drill press work.

The Axial machined gears are already drilled. Not sure how you can get much more off them without structurely making them weaker. I forget as well. I used VP 65mm Ti links for my front links. They worked out to be just right. Lots more room in there now.

Now that you mention it I recall previously seeing that they did have some machining from Axial. Guess that will eliminate some work!

Are you running the stock links on the rear or is it possible to bend some Ti and replace those as well?

Did a little tire shaving tonight.
y9apuga4.jpg

Never done that before so I am pleased for it being my first.

Also ordered up a set of Blue Monkey rear axle weights, Rowdy battery tray and motor mounted esc tray and Vanquish CV axles.

Now just need to have everything start showing up!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Looking good man. What did you use to shave the tires with? I found my Dremel with a fine sanding drum works real nice. Looking forward to seeing the chassis come together.

Thanks guys. I used my dremel with a cutting wheel and a light touch. It helped speed things up by pre-clipping the lugs down with a set of side cutters. Need to figure out a way to mount them to a drill so I can work the center tread down a bit and break them in by spinning them on some concrete/asphalt.

Thanks guys. I used my dremel with a cutting wheel and a light touch. It helped speed things up by pre-clipping the lugs down with a set of side cutters. Need to figure out a way to mount them to a drill so I can work the center tread down a bit and break them in by spinning them on some concrete/asphalt.

Just drive them."thumbsup"

I think the best method would be to use an old axle shaft and bolt it on, then chuck it into a drill. I have also heard of guys tying their truck off to a post or something and simply roasting the tires, but I can see the possibility of frying parts that way.

yhu5unyb.jpg

Finished up the rear axle tonight. I must admit that figuring out all of the Vanquish assembly was a P.I.T.A.
a8amuduj.jpg

Really wish my BWD items would ship out. Cant wait to see that chassis and get it going as well.

That's one bad arse rear axle! Vp has got to love you...

Is the stock rear axle brace needed with the vp axle topper?

That's one bad arse rear axle! Vp has got to love you...

Is the stock rear axle brace needed with the vp axle topper?

That is a really nice axle..8)

And no it is not needed, nor is any brace needed with the vp topper"thumbsup"

Working out of town 5 days a week and 51 weeks a year. Its blow money on something like this or join the other jokers from work at the bar/strip club. I figure this is better for my marriage :D

Hey what's wrong with strip clubs. ;) not judging, just jealous.

Wes

Back