• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Could someone explain the motor T thing?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Hey guys an an thanks for all the replies an info.

Basically left most of this out as didn't want to make it too long. An no offense taken but just to provide the info....

For me I have been involved with R/C Helicopters for quite some time an know a lot about them an have some very good quality brands with even for those, some really high end upgraded parts above their originals.

But I have a brother who has Downs Syndrome an was looking for something just for him for fun.

Basically chose a crawler as while he can do a lot, he does have some troubles understanding things of proportional control an I can tell you from years back when I had gotten him Walmart models, he just tends to go WOT with anything R/C an lets things rip.

So thought with the crawler he would have more fun as this way it just doesn't take off an crash into something an get wreaked, or have to go get picked up as it got stuck in or on something or upside down.

Then too I plan to use stick controls with a buddy box system as one, I can take over in case he looked like he would get into trouble, plus too I have all the equipment needed.

All in all though, I doubt this truck will ever see the kind of crawling most of you guys do, an certainly not of any competition levels. Mostly I wanted something that kinda looked cool by his eyes, would be easy enough for him to be able to run it, an have enough power to get through some tall grass or sticks or a few other things here or there, an not get stuck.

Will say from my time in my side of the hobby, I certainly know where the HobbyParts people are in the R/C World, but I did look around a bit an for all the things considered of the above, an too largely the budget I had to work with, this truck seemed as good as any in that range to get us started. For sure I expected I would put more into it, but when do you ever never do that. But figured this way, I could just spend the more I need or wanted where I wanted, where as with something way more, I already ate up a lot of money I had just for the initial purchase. Six of one, half of the other I know, but also too, will learn more probably this way too

Anyway, again thanks for all the info, while it will take time, am learning more as I go along an its always great to have places like this an the people who know, to get help from.
<!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

I can relate. I have a fiance who's brother has Downs Syndrome. I got him a Maisto Rock Crawler Extreme for 30$ at walmart, and got 12 2800 mah rechargable Nimh AA batteries and a smart charger that charges them in about 6 hours. He loves it and it is the only RC that has been able to handle his driving. It already survived a tumble down the stairs onto a stone tile floor (which has been the bane of just about every RC he has broken). He has a blast driving it around his yard. At first he was just holding the throttle and following the truck around through the yard (it's a pistol grip radio). When it would veer off and get away from him he would go pick it up and move it. I had taught him how the steering worked prior to this, but he just wasn't thinking about it when driving. I started telling him to steer the truck and miming the motion of turning the wheel on the radio when it would veer off and he was about to run and pick it up. I did that several times, and he got the idea, but he never thought to do that on his own that day. A week later I came back and he had started doing corrective steering on his own from time to time, though he did drive one handed when going straight. He is learning.

FYI my future brother-in-law isn't as well off as many people with downs syndrome are. He can't speak for the most part, short of a handful of basic words, and the vocabulary of words he can understand is rather small. He will sadly not be able to hold a job as some people with downs syndrome are able to. He wouldn't grasp the concept. Even so, he is managing to figure this truck out. I read you wanted to have a tethered controller for him with the crawler, but I suggest possibly thinking about letting him drive on his own at some point. He might surprise you. I've found my future brother-in-law is capable of a lot more than people (including his family) give him credit for, he just needed a chance to show it. Just find a safe, dry place to test the rig out with him. With a 70t motor I doubt the rig can go faster than typical walking speed, so it won't have a high speed crash.

Back