• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Classifieds

Some interesting comments and thoughts in here...

Allow me clear some things up, there is only a handful of actual active mods, at this point adding more isn't going to change anything. I am the ONLY active administrator on the site but that doesn't allow me to do things such as updating the security of the site or the version of Vbulletin that its on which is why things like the email system, and now the star system no longer work...

As far as politics go on the site, I never understood the butthurtness (regardless of what your views are or what side you're on) of getting so triggered you quit the forum... If a pro trump thread upsets you that much that you're going to quit the forum I honestly feel bad for you...and that goes for the opposite side...I'm not gonna let someone who thinks sleepy Joe is doing a great job ruin my day to the point that I'm not gonna log back in ever again...Sorry not sorry.

The site was founded on having to have tough skin.... Shit the site was started because Jason had an interest in RC crawling, realized there wasn't a platform all those years back and that is how this place was born. Being a 1:1 enthusiast, an XRRA participant, and coming from Pirate 4x4 he ran the place like they did...which was loose and flaming and sarcasm was encouraged... You either got in line, learned, figured shit out, earned your respect or it was don't let the door hit in the ass on the way out... Honestly compared to what it was when it started, till say 5-10 years later, it relaxed quite a bit because it was more then a forum...it was a business...

Since my inception here, as a member, a mod, and now an admin Ive tried to uphold what I felt were the core values of the site... and I can tell you now, many people have left under my leadership here...Ive had people who I made mods leave, and regular members. If I am being honestly... I don't give AF cause if you pulled that shit in 2005 no one was gonna hold your hand then and I sure as shit am not holding it now... People think cause I dont own RCC that they were going to try to run me...WRONG... No one ran Jason or Badger and no one is running me either... I was also given instruction to run things how I see fit.

I didn't grow up with participation trophies, and I am not handing them out under my watch here...

The site is in trouble IMO...the star system has been shut off... I would surmise the only thing source now is the Ad revenue and that's only gonna last as long as people participate here which as this rate, and with everything going on I don't know how long that will last for...

I was slatted to take over RCC...there was many of discussion that occurred between Jason and I and Badger and I...this was going back over the last few years now...Unfortunately that didn't happen... I cant discuss openly the details of that.

Ive done my best to keep this place a float...manually approving every new member...which I'm wondering if that's been turned off now too cause I haven't had any request in the last few weeks but there is only so much I can do with the powers I have.

People had asked for info the owners to buy it or take it over...don't believe any of them have been successful.

Just kinda is what it is...

-Mike....El Capitan...sinking with the ship

it sucks, but it is what it is. can only do so much.

thanks for doing what you can

This thread has me thinking more about sbg too. I like to build but mine would be a far cry from the level of scale detail they have. Granted, I've only gotten on there a few times.

But maybe they will welcome us mediocre builders. We just want a place to share ideas and creations to get feedback and learn new tricks.

P.s. I want to be a paying member here but know that the mods have no ability to fix that.

Last edited:
Some interesting comments and thoughts in here...

Allow me clear some things up, there is only a handful of actual active mods, at this point adding more isn't going to change anything. I am the ONLY active administrator on the site but that doesn't allow me to do things such as updating the security of the site or the version of Vbulletin that its on which is why things like the email system, and now the star system no longer work...

As far as politics go on the site, I never understood the butthurtness (regardless of what your views are or what side you're on) of getting so triggered you quit the forum... If a pro trump thread upsets you that much that you're going to quit the forum I honestly feel bad for you...and that goes for the opposite side...I'm not gonna let someone who thinks sleepy Joe is doing a great job ruin my day to the point that I'm not gonna log back in ever again...Sorry not sorry.

The site was founded on having to have tough skin.... Shit the site was started because Jason had an interest in RC crawling, realized there wasn't a platform all those years back and that is how this place was born. Being a 1:1 enthusiast, an XRRA participant, and coming from Pirate 4x4 he ran the place like they did...which was loose and flaming and sarcasm was encouraged... You either got in line, learned, figured shit out, earned your respect or it was don't let the door hit in the ass on the way out... Honestly compared to what it was when it started, till say 5-10 years later, it relaxed quite a bit because it was more then a forum...it was a business...

Since my inception here, as a member, a mod, and now an admin Ive tried to uphold what I felt were the core values of the site... and I can tell you now, many people have left under my leadership here...Ive had people who I made mods leave, and regular members. If I am being honestly... I don't give AF cause if you pulled that shit in 2005 no one was gonna hold your hand then and I sure as shit am not holding it now... People think cause I dont own RCC that they were going to try to run me...WRONG... No one ran Jason or Badger and no one is running me either... I was also given instruction to run things how I see fit.

I didn't grow up with participation trophies, and I am not handing them out under my watch here...

The site is in trouble IMO...the star system has been shut off... I would surmise the only thing source now is the Ad revenue and that's only gonna last as long as people participate here which as this rate, and with everything going on I don't know how long that will last for...

I was slatted to take over RCC...there was many of discussion that occurred between Jason and I and Badger and I...this was going back over the last few years now...Unfortunately that didn't happen... I cant discuss openly the details of that.

Ive done my best to keep this place a float...manually approving every new member...which I'm wondering if that's been turned off now too cause I haven't had any request in the last few weeks but there is only so much I can do with the powers I have.

People had asked for info the owners to buy it or take it over...don't believe any of them have been successful.

Just kinda is what it is...

-Mike....El Capitan...sinking with the ship

I agree with everything you said Mike. Hell, compared to 2010 when I joined, Things are much tamer. I don't post much but, I will damn sure tell you, RCC is the first site I go to everyday when I fire up the ol' web browser. And, just for old times sake :flipoff::flipoff::badger:

Been crawling for about two years so compared to others I'm new to the hobby (not RC) and to this forum. This forum is a great resource and people here have been very helpful. If it folds I'll be sorry to see it go.

Myself included in the newbs as I have only lurked in here since early 2020 and find this place to be a gem, full of helpful information and members of the RC community as well of infinite inspiration to the hobby. I am a member on SBG as well and the feel is much different this place is more relax and very similar to the Automotive forums I have joined through the years of projects in comparison. I come to understand that there will be a ton of different opinions and come to respect them as well as I expect mine to be, Having thick skin is part of my daily life so I keep my feelings out of the internet. I come to this place for RC information and it be a shame if this place disappears, lets hope it wont and thanks for keeping this place going Mike!!!

Back