• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ckrc

the list of lucky ones
Any idea how to get on that list?

I've ordered from them numerous times over the years and had two issues.

1) Their Wraith Electronics tray (designed specifically for the Wraith) does not fit the Wraith.

2) I ordered a part from them which was in stock...."in stock" was apparently wrong, so they sent me a different part. When I got it and called them on it, they demanded that I pay return shipping for the wrong part that they sent me. It wasnt worth that, so I trashed the part and have never ordered from them again.

They sent me the wrong parts on two different occasions and demanded I pay to ship them back, before they fixed their F-up.

They also sent me cheapo bulk bearings even though I ordered Axial part #"s from their site. I will never do business with them again.:evil:

I guess I'm another lucky one... Well when I was crawlin anyways, I ordered from them several times quite a while ago and never had one issue. I do remember RPP would not process my order and I guess I was "banned from ordering from them" And for some odd reason nobody could tell me why, "I asked to speak to the owner and the guy on the phone said he "didn't deal with those issues" or something along those lines... That was some time ago... And I posted up here and caught hell for it... All I know is if I ever get back into crawling I wouldn't hesitate to do business with ckrc...

My last order for LCC CVD parts finalized my dealings with them. I ordered some for a friend but when I got the parts, they were the old V1 and V2 parts. When I called, they insisted that's not what they sent out. :roll:

Probably is a good guy outside his store. They have shit customer service and treat people rudely. I'm in the ski industry and when people come in that are new to the sport we try to make it a good experience for them, why would it be any different with rc crawlers.

RPPHobby is your one stop shop

One deal with RPP will be enough to make you a lifetime customer and the savings and customer service you get with RPP is above and beyond"thumbsup"
Not to mention their super-sonic fast order processing and even faster to your door delivery"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Jake is a great guy. He plays by the rules and treats folks fair..

Oh wait thats right acts like a 12 year old out on the rocks and gives shity service :lmao:

Then there's always that store...what's the address....oh yeah East Coast RC, ecrchobbies, RC Rock Crawlers. I see quite a few names in this thread that we have done business with in the past!

If it says "IN STOCK" we have it in our hands ready to out the door! We DO NOT drop ship from the manufacturers or distributors...this is typically a large source of these problems. A dealer is promising something they don't actually have and after the order is placed they find out the part isn't available. We DO take orders for parts we don't have in stock and ship them as soon as they hit the door.

It's gotten hard to get Axial parts at reasonable prices since the merger, but we're doing our best to keep them in stock "thumbsup"

GIVE US A SHOT!!!

They also sent me cheapo bulk bearings even though I ordered Axial part #"s from their site. I will never do business with them again.:evil:

Likewise on the bearings, first and last time I ordered from them.

I also ordered a wraith windshield from them since I didnt have any pieces of lexan to make my own, figured it's simpler to do it that way, well it was crooked as shit... but at least the hood hides one of the edges. :lmao:

I didn't bother complaining to them as I know nothing would be fixed, I'm just speaking to them through my wallet as a lot of other people here are as well. They'll change they ways or go out of business, that simple.

Aftermarket bearings are around $1 a piece to the public so I can only imagine what they are paying in bulk. Just grabbing a random Axial bearing part number from their site at a $4.49 retail- they yield a 55% profit margin with a 125% markup at minimum by swapping out the cheap stuff for Axial's.

:shock:

Aftermarket bearings are around $1 a piece to the public so I can only imagine what they are paying in bulk. Just grabbing a random Axial bearing part number from their site at a $4.49 retail- they yield a 55% profit margin with a 125% markup at minimum by swapping out the cheap stuff for Axial's.

:shock:
Hell, Avid's bearings are only $1 each and I think they are some of the best on the market. Their Ceramics are only $5 each.

I just wish they'd let me pick them up....they are only 5 minutes from my office.:roll:

Hell, Avid's bearings are only $1 each and I think they are some of the best on the market. Their Ceramics are only $5 each.

I just wish they'd let me pick them up....they are only 5 minutes from my office.:roll:

At least they ship fast. I love Avid bearings.

It's all good if that's what they are selling, but it shouldn't labeled as Axial yielding Axial retail cost.

CKRC.

"Oversold" on me twice consecutively with the second time wanting me to pay shipping twice. Let me explain.

I ordered three pieces a week (Sunday) before a big local comp. I needed parts A and B to get a rig running. Part C was the "While I'm making an order" part.

I get a call the next day (Monday) informing me on being out of stock on part C. All showed "In Stock" by the way. Part C is a week out with a possibility of showing up that Thursday (2 mailing days) before the comp. I told them fine, I can wait for part C, but needed parts A and B immediately. I said to ship A and B now, and ship C when it shows up.

He told me he couldn't do that without charging me double shipping. Huh? I told him I wouldn't pay the extra shipping as it showed in stock and ready to ship and it was no fault of mine they oversold. Went back and forth a couple times and ultimately told him to cancel part C and only ship A and B. Call ended.

I received my package on time with parts A and B for that weekends comp and another package showed up the following Tuesday with Part C. That was early last summer and the last time I've placed an order. I was expecting a refund, but apparently they decided to go through with the sale and eat the shipping.

It really isn't that difficult to keep an accurate live quantity with a decent inventory method.

Marcus
Marcus

Hmmm... I agree with all of you for the most part since the majority rules, but I have yet to have any issues dealing with them. Maybe I've been lucky?
In fact on my last order, I purchased one $20 billet servo horn and they sent me two by accident! Now I have an extra horn!
But yes, based on what I've read above they really need to step it up quite a bit.

Back