• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Chassis Kit Suggestions/Recommendations for possible build

I may be stating the obvious, or something you’ve already considered, but what about buying to sets of chassis rails and grafting to get the length you need to accommodate the wheelbase your after? I know you stated you don’t have much in way of specialty tools, but a good ruler / micrometer takes care of the measure twice end of it, your dremel tool takes care of the cut once portion. Once you’ve got it mocked up to your specs, it should be easy enough to find someone to do some quick welds to solidly mate the whole deal up. (With regard to the cuts / grafting, you’d want to do staggered or stair stepped cuts to the sections you would intend to mate.) Plenty of youtube videos on this for the 1:1 world for examples.

The desert lizard spring come with droop internal springs, so you can have a lower ride height and more drop out with heavy axles. Plus they have a ton of spring options in the package for tuning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The desert lizard spring come with droop internal springs, so you can have a lower ride height and more drop out with heavy axles. Plus they have a ton of spring options in the package for tuning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Oh, I know. I'm running them in my Capra, 90mm w/o droop (full-length soft springs in the front, medium in the rear), and they're fantastic.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Back