• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Car 61 ~~ The Rock Cop ~~~ with VID !

crunky

I wanna be Dave
Subscribed Member
well I have wanted something unique to add to the collection and I was hunting for a while... turns up I got a decent deal on a rig that had been dubbed " rock cop "

I don't know much on the history so if you do please add. I know it was a victim of the 2008 MSD scale nationals. I was able to dig up a few pics from the forums.

2mh5ja.jpg

2zzp83q.jpg

2mev060.jpg

r870n4.jpg

2epswh1.jpg

4vn3vk.jpg

I liked the pics and was happy to have it shipped out to me.
a4wf11.jpg

1zg5hrb.jpg

Closer look revealed some damage and tweaked body parts…
Notice the tail section drooping down, and the broken rockers.
3325wki.jpg

so264x.jpg

j8duth.jpg

2ibgsio.jpg

then the hole in the back of the cab was a bit oversized
iemgs4.jpg

onto the rest of the shots to show where it needed the love...
90racx.jpg

au6zo8.jpg

the whole gut is stripped, needs dash work and a floor.
check out that windshield pillar...
svne5t.jpg

2rykqc5.jpg

BAM !!! do work.
15r1jiu.jpg

Way more pics to come.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I remember that build. It was build by BlueMonster ( Jeremy). It really does look like it was well used.
So what are your plans for it? Simple rebuild or something wild? I was a fan of that truggy, it will be nice to see it come back to life.
Nice score"thumbsup"

Last edited:
Wow...I'm sure you'll make it work out with a little tweaking here and there. It is a really cool rig!

Maybe add some bracing under the bed for support so it doesn't bend again.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one! 8)

thanks all for the encouraging words. i also wanted to say thanks for helping me make the choice to restore this timeless classic.

after looking at a few of the shots i dug up, i can see that there were a few changes made along the way... i also see the rockers were cracked in those photos as well.

i love this plate...
i'm not sure if the rig was built in 05... or if it was just a date.
either way, this gem has made it's way from coast to coast...
Washington to Massachusetts

"thumbsup"
2qlakc7.jpg

i have a ton of photos that i am taking, i wont post them all.
here are the rockers...
rotted right off.
2yzlr9d.jpg

You picked up a project for sure...which is AWESOME in my book. What better way to refine an already cool build and add your own touches at the same time!
Good luck! "thumbsup"
Matt

I will add as I remember details for ya. This was built specifically for MSD Nats I think two years ago? I am trying to remember what I brought last year (I think both rigs were Rhonda's, lol) so the build would have happened in 2007, for the '08 Nats.

That 2nd pic, that is me imediately after pulling it out of a very deep hole in the river. First course, I was was the first driver of the day, current swept it away as I attempted the make a turn from gate one out into the water. That dip fried all the electronics, props to the Tekin guys that day who supplied the FXR that got me through the rest of the weekend.

It was the first time I attempted a pinched nose, and the rockers were cracked when I sold it, it was a weak point in the design. I made the aluminum rails and the tube section, and pretty much every other little part of the rig, by hand.

The 61 was the registration number for the Nats that year, for reference. I actually don't see a ton of changes, but I havent had it for quite a while. In fact, this is the first I have seen of it since I shipped it out, I am glad it is still around!

I also recall, that truck won me the hard luck award as well, I beat that holy crap out of it, I went through all the spare Axial outdrives I had, plus more from whoever else I could buy them from!

I remember doing broadies out in the middle of Bens shop when the drift cars were playing...

Let me put it out there now, when the time comes for it to find a new home, please contact me first! It would be really cool to have it back here again!

Let me put it out there now, when the time comes for it to find a new home, please contact me first! It would be really cool to have it back here again!

i am slowly falling in love with this rig more and more, so i'm not sure if i would part with it.
did it by chance start it's life as another rig ?

only reason why im asking is there is some trail damage on the drivers fender, but it's got a flare on there to cover the damage now.
plus i know everywhere i sand, i'm finding black paint.

having a blast.
well i got into the cab corners... pretty well rotted out.
97tn2o.jpg

t8pvds.jpg

14vr2fp.jpg

34i0q9x.jpg

note i needed to make the mounting hole for how the body
mounts to the chassis. this one mount was rotted right through.

351yexs.jpg

2hejxqo.jpg

fp02o0.jpg

npqhxc.jpg

welding the pinched nose back in a few spots...
ekrjwk.jpg

30b1jxe.jpg

rocker in, ready for a bit more body work, then to be covered
with trail armor.
2nc174n.jpg

the sills ready for patch panel
2chnazb.jpg

fixing the front fender and door jam. suffered a minor bit of trail damage.
most likely at the nationals...
23jimi9.jpg

2mxzj9.jpg

this shit is fun !
"thumbsup"

thanks for looking, comments encouraged !

i am slowly falling in love with this rig more and more, so i'm not sure if i would part with it.
did it by chance start it's life as another rig ?

only reason why im asking is there is some trail damage on the drivers fender, but it's got a flare on there to cover the damage now.
plus i know everywhere i sand, i'm finding black paint.

He would get to point of fab/mod and we would run the cop it to see if was the direction he wanted to go. That Cab always belonged to that truck (if I remember right). But it may have been a 2nd hand body... with trader jer who remembers! :) but nice to see it back in action. But to be honest I liked it better with 2.2's which is the way he ran it right after NATs.

Looks like your making quick wok of the body. 8)

Maybe if you do something like this for the bed it will eliminate some of the bending issues. just a thought.
bed.jpg

Thanks everyone for the replies and input. I have a set of RC4WD 1.9 crushers for it, but today a super evil super cool package showed from RC4WD.
So who knows ???

Now, about the chassis needing extra support bracing, I am at a total stand still. I have the Harris wire, the flux, the brakeline, and all the tooling...

Just no guts. I'm afraid if I overheat the chassis and pop it now I got a bigger
mess to deal with. This is part of the reason why crunk rock still does not have a bumper.... I got no skills ahahaha.

I will figure it out soon.
For now I got a bit of body work left to go.
Pics later

Back