• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Capra FRO

going fulldroop is the only way for a littlte good cog

20191023-214615.jpg

20191023-214646.jpg

first little run today. the mamba microX give a little less performance than the sidewinder 4 in low speed and the yellow jacket works a lot louder than in my other rig. i choosed 14/87 pinion/spur

https://youtu.be/DXTz86N6RgI

biggest problem now, the 50k savöx is bending the whole axle, so i have to put some cfk to stabilise

first little run today. the mamba microX give a little less performance than the sidewinder 4 in low speed and the yellow jacket works a lot louder than in my other rig. i choosed 14/87 pinion/spur

https://youtu.be/DXTz86N6RgI

biggest problem now, the 50k savöx is bending the whole axle, so i have to put some cfk to stabilise

My Revolver is insanely loud inside the house as well - take yours outdoors - it won't be nearly as loud!

"thumbsup"

Newb question...are the Capra knuckle weights only compatible with certain types of wheels? Would they work on the Vanquish methods for example

this knuckle weights are designed to fit the original 1.9 wheels from the capra kit. they build up only 71gr. per side. if you put on 2.2 comp wheels you can use knuckleweights with 250gr. per side

this knuckle weights are designed to fit the original 1.9 wheels from the capra kit. they build up only 71gr. per side. if you put on 2.2 comp wheels you can use knuckleweights with 250gr. per side
Are they available for purchase? And from where?
Or, are they still in the "final stages of development"?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

you can already buy it via Manfred Gruber on Facebook. Just search for: TheCrow RC
Oh well. Since I (like a growing number of people) refuse to use FB, guess that leaves me out. It would (greatly) help if individual sellers like this would sell their products through means other than (anti-)social networking websites.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

the rig is nearly final now. i am still under 2500gr

i have to install the winch servo with controller wich would gain 100gr. but i also want to change the wheels to lighter ones. my installed are heavy ones with 146gr. total per wheel :-(

20191030-165406.jpg

Oh well. Since I (like a growing number of people) refuse to use FB, guess that leaves me out. It would (greatly) help if individual sellers like this would sell their products through means other than (anti-)social networking websites.

ah no problem. i thought facebook would bw easier fo you. there is also a website for selling the products:
https://www.thecrowrc.at

ah no problem. i thought facebook would bw easier fo you. there is also a website for selling the products:

https://www.thecrowrc.at
Thank you. I much prefer business websites. They're 'easier' to me, plus I trust them more...Facebook I do NOT trust. As for translation (since the sure isn't in English), I'll leave that to my desktop computer, possibly this evening, after work.

Last edited:
some knuckleweights in the rear installed

mst cfx-w short silver springs installed for more droopsetup

20191101-100258.jpg

20191101-100307.jpg

20191101-100319.jpg

Nice location there and nice crawling. I can definitely see the effects of the drastic overdrive difference at 0:30 secs when the front sucks the rear into the rock. Have you tried any other tires before you settled on the Baja MTZ tires in that spot?

here in europe it's very difficult to get good tyres. the baja mtz narrow with the new compound are sticky enough for the most rocks. they are also nice because very thin so i have advantages in the small 11.5" gates here without to cut and glue something similar.

before the first race especially forrest and wet loose dust i have to cut them down, more grip on rocks also:

rear:
20191101-165847.jpg

front:
20191101-165837.jpg

Back