• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II

Just did the buttery smooth on my rear shocks. Made the rears a whole lot better. I made sure I got that great too. My shocked leak like a siv but greasing the lower prongs has help a lot. I also set my rear shocks at 93mm instead of 90. Nice difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try AE 18T shock bladders, P/N 21190. We've been running them for years in comp trucks, and it's night and day compared to stock.

I have tried both the Duratrax and AE parts listed above and I couldn't get either one to work properly. The Duratrax bladders are too big. The AE bladders in the 21190 kit fit but they are a hair too small. Once i had my shock assembled with the AE bladders I noticed the bladder gets sucked into the shock body when I extend the shock. While testing on my bench, I could here a little "pop" sound through the hole in the cap, and then I have an oily mess. Still searching for a bladder that is right between the Duratrax and AE parts mentioned.

One thing to check is that the top of the shock shaft isn't contacting the bladder on compression. You might have to put a small external limiter on the shock shaft.

I have tried both the Duratrax and AE parts listed above and I couldn't get either one to work properly. The Duratrax bladders are too big. The AE bladders in the 21190 kit fit but they are a hair too small. Once i had my shock assembled with the AE bladders I noticed the bladder gets sucked into the shock body when I extend the shock. While testing on my bench, I could here a little "pop" sound through the hole in the cap, and then I have an oily mess. Still searching for a bladder that is right between the Duratrax and AE parts mentioned.

I picked up a set of Traxxas 1/16 shock bladders last night. Measuring with my eye-mometer and a ruler in the hobby shop, they look like a perfect fit.

I'll post back with a follow-up and a part number after I've had a chance to try them..

I picked up a set of Traxxas 1/16 shock bladders last night. Measuring with my eye-mometer and a ruler in the hobby shop, they look like a perfect fit.

I'll post back with a follow-up and a part number after I've had a chance to try them..

Thanks. I was going to try the Traxxas 7062 bladders next.

Thanks. I was going to try the Traxxas 7062 bladders next.

The 7062 are a little smaller then the duratrax ones so they should be perfect fit.

I didn't have time to fully test fit them last night but I was able to try it in the shock cap..

It fits into the cap exactly as I would expect it to, I'm pretty optimistic that this is the right fit.

quesodeldiablo-87485-albums4381-63813.jpg

I didn't have time to fully test fit them last night but I was able to try it in the shock cap..

It fits into the cap exactly as I would expect it to, I'm pretty optimistic that this is the right fit.

quesodeldiablo-87485-albums4381-63813.jpg
Did these work? I'm heading to the hobby store today and just wondering if I should pick these up.

Did these work? I'm heading to the hobby store today and just wondering if I should pick these up.

I probably didn't catch you in time, but yes they fit perfectly.

Thats the 7062? They look a little to small, they should fit the whole cap.

Yes, that's the 7062's. They actually fit tighter than what the photo indicates, I think they fit perfectly. They do fill the whole cap quite nicely.

I've got all 4 of my shocks done and I'm quite happy with the results; they definitely feel plusher and smoother with less stiction. Now just to wait and see if they start leaking out the bottom caps again...

More pics on my Instagram (rc_by_quesodeldiablo) if anyone wants to see but I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops to get them posted on here..

Last edited:
I probably didn't catch you in time, but yes they fit perfectly.

Yes, that's the 7062's. They actually fit tighter than what the photo indicates, I think they fit perfectly. They do fill the whole cap quite nicely.

I've got all 4 of my shocks done and I'm quite happy with the results; they definitely feel plusher and smoother with less stiction. Now just to wait and see if they start leaking out the bottom caps again...

More pics on my Instagram (rc_by_quesodeldiablo) if anyone wants to see but I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops to get them posted on here..
Use the tapatalk app. No hoops to jump. Just select the pic and hit upload/send and it's there.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

you can slightly stretch the ae bladder by simply pressing it on a piece of glass let sit for 5 minute then it would be perfect. one my ae bladder was a hair too small and i did this trick it worked out great.

Back