• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II

I'm working on this now. About to fill my shocks with oil. I got 20w. Do I use that for just rear or front as well? Or should I use the 30w up front?

Great write up and vid! Thank you. Came in handy as I'm putting together my build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working on this now. About to fill my shocks with oil. I got 20w. Do I use that for just rear or front as well? Or should I use the 30w up front?

Great write up and vid! Thank you. Came in handy as I'm putting together my build!

I've tried both 20 and 30 in front and I would stay 30 front and 20 rear

I haven't done it yet. I saw it on YouTube. Just got to get the parts. My biggest complaint with my stock shocks is mine leak.

Has anyone else tried this if how it worked out for you?

I built mine up. Have yet to run them as I'm still in the middle of my build. But they feel great! Smooth threw out. So far I'm very happy. I'll let you know performance wise when I finish my build and run it.

I bought the duratrax diaphragms and some traxxas seals. I'll be giving it a go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well the DTXC9182 bladders are discontinued so I can not find any. Anybody got another solution for bladders?

Well the DTXC9182 bladders are discontinued so I can not find any. Anybody got another solution for bladders?

21190 team associated rebuild kit. Search that on eBay. I got mine for $7 shipped from a small timer. you won't need the full kit. Just the bladders from it. It's a option

Hey if you just need the diaphragms and save some money like i did pick up the Duratrax: DTXC9182 you get 4 diaphragms for $1.79 "thumbsup"

See link;

https://www.rcplanet.com/DuraTrax_Shock_Diaphragm_Vendetta_ST_4_p/dtxc9182.htm

~D

Has anyone else tried this if how it worked out for you?

Those diaphragms absolutely don't fit. They're way too big. The dish doesn't seat inside the cylinder and the flange is larger than the shock body.

I'm going to try the Associated ones instead.

I've got 2 sets of them now.

Last edited:
21190 team associated rebuild kit. Search that on eBay. I got mine for $7 shipped from a small timer. you won't need the full kit. Just the bladders from it. It's a option

Awesome! Thank you

For sure, I wonder if tra7062 bladders will work? There for 1/16 traxxas shocks. They fit rcbros shock bodys which I think are the same as these scx shock bodys.

Same shock bodies and build techniques we been using for years in the comp trucks.

The Duratrax DTXC9182 diaphragms are too big. I cut the outer most lip/ring off the diaphragm and it now fits perfectly inside the top cap.

5ce773df583c77d9e1efe82a65ff9f55.jpg

1st one went well. 2nd one wasn't as neat and oil leaked past the diaphragm. Will have to try another one.

1st one went well. 2nd one wasn't as neat and oil leaked past the diaphragm. Will have to try another one.

Thanks for the help detail. AE kit is around &7 shipped so still not to late to use the AE ones.

Joe, can you please post the AE kit part number? difficult to catch it in the youtube vid.
I know this was meant for the other Joe lol but I assume he was talking about the ones quoted.

Can someone confirm the AE ones fit properly?

Back