• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II

joerc2013

Quarry Creeper
youtube link https://youtu.be/yAw9XBUYlm8

2TbXRVj.jpg

If you want to get the best shock performance out of you Axial SCX10II Kit or RTR, check out this this mod on it. I guarantee that you will be amazed with the silky smooth shock performance out these stock stocks. This will also work for you Axial Yeti Jr and Score jr shocks. Leave a like and share if you like it.
I simply bleeded the stock SCX10II shocks and added a diaphragm the results are amazing.

Last edited:
My shocks leak like a siv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe it not most leak on these are caused by over filling (if you just followed axial instruction to fill the oil all the way to the top). So when the shaft is compress there is no room to displace the volume of the shaft force oil to leak out. The trick is to not overfill (better yet bleed and use this diaphragm) and cake the o-ring with the greenslime. I have very good luck with this setup.

When I filled mine about 7/8 . I'll get some green slime and give it a try

Where did you get the inner fender liners from

Believe it not most leak on these are caused by over filling (if you just followed axial instruction to fill the oil all the way to the top). So when the shaft is compress there is no room to displace the volume of the shaft force oil to leak out. The trick is to not overfill (better yet bleed and use this diaphragm) and cake the o-ring with the greenslime. I have very good luck with this setup.

Agreed. I don't do bleeder screws, but filled properly, green slimed, and with Teflon tape on the threads my shocks go all season leak free. "thumbsup"

What's the reason to punch a hole in the cap? I've seen both ways (hole vs no hole) on bladder shocks but not sure why the hole is needed? And will the traxxas bladders work (tra2362 or tra7062)?

What's the reason to punch a hole in the cap? I've seen both ways (hole vs no hole) on bladder shocks but not sure why the hole is needed? And will the traxxas bladders work (tra2362 or tra7062)?

The hole is for venting air betweeen compression Strokes when the shock shaft displaces the oil volumes. Having a hole allows more consistent damping rate while no hole would force air to compress in the bladder chamber therefore it would result in faster rebound which is less desirable in crawling.

You can use any bladder diaphragms as long as the fit the diameter but I think the traxxas ones are too big to fit.

Last edited:

I got the tra2362 kit for the x-rings but the included bladders are definitely too big for the Axial shock housings.

Last edited:
For sure, I wonder if tra7062 bladders will work? There for 1/16 traxxas shocks. They fit rcbros shock bodys which I think are the same as these scx shock bodys.

Back