• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Building my exact Replica of my Jeep Wrangler

Yeah, both ends. While you have the shafts separated I recommend that you spin everything to make sure it's not binding. Spin front axle @ the pinion no drive shaft attached. Same for rear axle. Same for the transmission/motor. If everything is rotating smooth then align the shafts, one @ a time and spin it. Sounds like more work than it really is but believe me, if it's something else it should show up pretty easily. Also check your pinion angle just in case.

Wait, where am I?

GREAT!

today will arrive the 4link kit, and i will give a extra attention on the rig, find where is the noise, change the links, and everything else!

Will keep in mind to keep them align!

Thanks!!

Yeah, both ends. While you have the shafts separated I recommend that you spin everything to make sure it's not binding. Spin front axle @ the pinion no drive shaft attached. Same for rear axle. Same for the transmission/motor. If everything is rotating smooth then align the shafts, one @ a time and spin it. Sounds like more work than it really is but believe me, if it's something else it should show up pretty easily. Also check your pinion angle just in case.

Wait, where am I?

Hey!

4 links have arrived, i did install the kit, and done everything that u just said!
The noise is 90% gone, just when i engage the reverse, some noise still over there... but less than before...

About the Rubber Mirrors the mount on the NewBright body is vertical, this one by RCmodelex looks like the mount its horizontal

They just mount like original ones, this way

1466176805-1466173472-img-20160617-155507.jpg

And that noise s really weird :|

Last edited:
They just mount like original ones, this way

1466173472-img-20160617-155507.jpg

And that noise s really weird :|

thanks!! the 1/8 scale on a 1/10 rig work fine then?

Yeah, about that noise, i really dunno what it is... i know that is not normal, but its better than before, but can hear something yet...

I noticed 2 things in those pics. The links aren't threaded all the way into the rod ends and it looks like your driveshaft is rubbing the spur cover. Check to make sure your pinion angle is good and I'd look @ that spur cover to see if it's rubbing. Might be able to flip the shaft or clearance the cover.

I noticed 2 things in those pics. The links aren't threaded all the way into the rod ends and it looks like your driveshaft is rubbing the spur cover. Check to make sure your pinion angle is good and I'd look @ that spur cover to see if it's rubbing. Might be able to flip the shaft or clearance the cover.

X2

Thread all your rod ends on all the way and double check to make sure you have the links all in the correct locations. It may be the angle of the pics but it looks like your axle isnt centered?

Back