• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Brushless System Opinion - Which is Best for MY needs?

ProjectSCX10

Quarry Creeper
Ordering a Twin Hammers soon! Can't wait!!

I wanna go brushless for sure though.
I'll lay out what I want in general:
  • Must stay under $200
  • I'll only be running 2s
  • Must be sensored (for low end smoothness)
  • 13.5t range
  • No preference on waterproof or not

I'll be using the Twin Hammers as a do everything vehicle; while leaning towards speed over crawling. (I have my SCX10 for crawling/scaling)

I'm running a Novak Goat system in my SCX10 and have zero complaints.
Considering a Timbuk 2 13.5 system. Yay or Nay?

MMP and a Tekin 13.5. Both brand new are under $200.

The nice thing about the MMP is you can fine tune all your adjustments.

The LPR SPin super seems like a great compromise on price for performance.

I'm on the fence between the LPR Spin Super and the Novak Timbuk 2. Opinions on both would be much appreciated. :)

I have a Timbuk2 13.5 system in my Dingo and I absolutely love the thing. It is buttery smooth, super reliable, tiny, and it has never run out of power. The BEC even works. For some reason Castle can't put a decent BEC in any of their 1/10 ESC's, but Novak can in a speedo the size of a postage stamp. I don't have any experience with the LRP Super Spin system so I'm definitely interested in hearing more about it, but I can say that I don't have a single complaint about my Timbuk2 system.

Ive got a tekin 4600 pro4 I was going to run on 2s in the Twin Hammers what does everyone think about that motor in this car.

Ive got a tekin 4600 pro4 I was going to run on 2s in the Twin Hammers what does everyone think about that motor in this car.
I would say the Pro 4 3300 would work well, but you'd either need to swap to the 1/8" rotor or buy the RRP 9 dollar 5mm bore 48 pitch pinions. The 4600 would work, but I'd rather have the low Kv.

I'm running a MMP and Tekin Roc412 3100 Kv on 2s in my Twin Hammers and I'm loving it so far.

Good input guys. Let's keep them coming. Still no comments on the brushless hobbies LT4 120a? seems comprable to a MMP for almost half the price.

just ordered a mmp and tekin roc 3100kv and a load of pinion gears to play with and get it where my needs are

Iam tying to find out what would be good a 13.5 or a 17.5 and what would be a good gearing for it any thoughts ?

Good input guys. Let's keep them coming. Still no comments on the brushless hobbies LT4 120a? seems comprable to a MMP for almost half the price.

I've never tried this ESC but if it really was comparable to a Mamba Max don't you think everybody would be using them?
I have used some of the other generic brushless systems and they're definitely not as smooth as CC or Tekin.

Iam tying to find out what would be good a 13.5 or a 17.5 and what would be a good gearing for it any thoughts ?
go for 17.5! in my point of view, the 13.5 would be to fast, the car is supposed to be a crawler/desert buggy, not a medium speed desert buggy and a super to fast buggy in one! plus the 17.5 will have more tourque if you plane on going with 2.2''s what do you guy's think?

Well just an update. I did go with the Brushless Hobbies LT4 and a HobbyWin XERUN 13.5t sensored motor. People don't use the esc over a MMP, etc. because of lack of marketing, and cause it isn't "top shelf" name brand. I could care less about a $50 sticker.

The programming is immense on the ESC. Start up in so buttery smooth. I'm very impressed. $55 for the esc and $49 for the motor. And its as smooth as any MMP system I've ever driven. I'll update after very thoroughly testing. Running ValueHobby Gforce elite series 3s 2200mah 30c as well.

I've ran my first LT4 in so many models with a bunch of motor combos mostly on 2s and a few on 3s. It now resides in my WR8 Pushing the stock 4000kv 4 pole. One of my favorites was the LT4 with a Viper 10.5 on 2s in my old 1.9 Wraith. VERY fun combo. In my current heavy, full cage truck the LT4 did a fantastic job pushing a 3300kv Pro4 with a smooth low end and monster torque. The motor actually turned out too much for my driving style but an LT4 will definitely be going back in it.
Data is a must on your choice, I'm very curious how everything fit and how well the response and control is with your setup.

Data is a must on your choice, I'm very curious how everything fit and how well the response and control is with your setup.

My setup is definitely unique, so I'll be more than happy to give my opinion once it is complete :mrgreen: I think it's unbeatable for the price.

Back