• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Brushed/Brushless motor options

TXCrawler325

Currently doing a custom build and need some help with my setup. Running a SCX 3 gear transmission with 56T 32pitch spur. Rear axle 43/13 diff gears and Front axle 36/14 diff gears. What size pinion/brushed/brushless motor options would be the most beneficial to keep motor temps down with this setup. I am set on using a Holmes Hobbies motor with a Hobbywing 1080 if brushed or a Mamba X if brushless in this build. Using a bomber chassis/AR60 axles this will be more of a go fast fun rig, with occasional rock crawling as well. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Everything said and done, what do you think the rig will weigh (with the battery)?

How fast are you wanting it to go?

How in love are you with that 56T spur, can you go with a different size?

Also what size tires will you run?

I have found in a fairly light rig, and 4.75 tires or smaller stock gearing works just fine. (13/56) Bigger tires need lower gearing and added weight requires it too.

Thanks for the help so far, tires will be 2.2 in size with stock OEM Bomber wheels for now. Not stuck on the 56T spur but I’ve already got the 56T spur from Robinson Racing which is the slipper setup made for the Slash. Transmission is built with SuperShafty parts and Incision gears. If its beneficial to change to another size spur gear for current setup I’ll get another. Pic below is what I’ve got so far, parts just mocked up right now. Weight I’m guessing maybe 7-8lbs with battery. Motor I want to use if brushless is the puller pro 2700kv standard when I can find one, or if brushed the 21T Torque Master Expert. Just don’t want to end up burning motors if gearing ain’t where it should be to keep temps. normal. Will be using 3s or 4s lipo for battery pack.

62-E2-F136-3-B35-4-F88-9-DE5-F2635067-F677.jpg

Last edited:
Back