• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

#13 FJ60 Phoenix

Imho the tires and wheels are too big and look out of place.

Imho the tires and wheels are too big and look out of place.
After seeing RC4WD 1.7s are pretty much a 60 series wheel, I can see it. This thing is technically running 19" steelies. I need to update this thread and others badly.

Just gonna leave this here until next update... (No, I absolutely did not make my own grill like I'd planned).

4d84dfa2ea4ff75e33d27dd412d37f7f.jpg

^^This is a nice piece.

It's a beast of a body, but if there is a platform to carry it, i suspect the vs410 is a good choice. Its low and stable.

Has anyone designed 3D printed headlight buckets for the body? It would be a nice touch to go with that cool grill piece.

Its amazing to see you still pumping out the Yota's, how many have you done?

^^This is a nice piece.

It's a beast of a body, but if there is a platform to carry it, i suspect the vs410 is a good choice. Its low and stable.

Has anyone designed 3D printed headlight buckets for the body? It would be a nice touch to go with that cool grill piece.

Its amazing to see you still pumping out the Yota's, how many have you done?

Appreciate the interest man. Here's a few updated grill pictures but not mounted yet. I wasn't satisfied with the first O in the Toyota (lower portion isn't full), so I literally cut out the O, added layers of glue until it became full and shaped it with a small file. You can see the bar behind the O where I cut it off and glued it back.

f3f5ea1253c21fb1af18e0e5db1c0092.jpg

b10c0eda10f1d16644d4e0c162d01947.jpg

Poor grill has been chilling for the past few months!

The printed headlights, I don't think there has been but would love to be wrong. I do know there is the 3D printed body via Mfab I think the name is (Japan I think). If this body gets more traction out there, I'd love to see some printed parts for this thing as I'd buy all of em. But I do wanna try my hand on a styrene interior once I finish other crap.

As for the other Toyotas, this one is 13. 14 is a G-Shot Hilux that I've yet to update, 15 is a Utron build still boxed, and 16 is a FJ55 TF2 kit but the body and chassis will be separate builds. All prior builds still hold their numbers, besides 10 which was a FJ45 GSpeed V3 as it got sacrificed for it's chassis but it'll get a revised setup. Gonna try to sort out pictures to update other threads this weekend.

Still need to cut the grill out to install the printed one. For the interior, I just went with the universal lexan interior to modify (haven't done work to it yet).

As much as I wanted to run Vanquish tires for this Vanquish build, as someone mentioned in a previous post the wheel and tire scaling is slightly too large. Here's the new set to stay; 1.55 Team KNK Center Line style wheels on skinny RC4WD Michelin XPS Traction tires.

783e87b6535387bfd6a090fe0e6c0b72.jpg

9bcc1de2cefe2f0a8b1052acef423a88.jpg

Here's the wheel set I had before, which are the 1.55 CChand 6 spokes. It was still a good look, but the Center Lines to the cake. And at such a high offset, both tuck really well!

2ff756dcedd11da408fb559899a76bc1.jpg

162167880c1caac4926db658193ed51b.jpg

Back