• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Boom Racing selectable 4WD/RWD Transfer Case

MAGNUMB

Quarry Creeper
Looks like boom racing has this selectable transfer case. Also looks like you can also add an overdrive gear set!

Anyone have any experience with these and can offer their opinion. Was looking to add this into a TF2 or TF3

https://www.boomracing.com/swd-selective-rwd-4wd-transfer-case-kit-for-brx01-192012

Switch between 2WD (rear-wheel-drive) and 4WD of your BRX01 chassis with this all-new SWD (Selective RWD/4WD) Transfer Case Kit.

Realistic 2WD/4WD fun just like your 1:1 off-roader
Heavy-duty steel gear set
Billet aluminum transfer case
Full rubber-sealed ball bearings
Keeps the original anti torque twist feature (counter-rotating output shafts)

I was skeptical of locking diffs when they first came out, and they helped me out in a comp or two, so I now see their usefulness.

A functional transfer case might be the same, allowing for tighter maneuvering when 4WD isn't needed. And, just as a cool and realistic scale feature. I wonder if they'll offer this for other rigs, or if it could be adapted for my C1 Element.

Last edited:
I don't have the selectable transfer case, but I do have the BRX02 with the 2 speed. I might add the selectable transfer to it, but I'm undecided as of now. Generally, their stuff works pretty well though.

I have the SSD locking hubs that you can lock/unlock manually for 2WD and its fun for sure but its not likely to be too useful in comps unfortunately. Its really only usable on mostly flat ground. We put all the weight forward on a crawlers so they tend to have zero traction in 2wd form especially if you're climbing a hill.

That said I still think people should try it out, just know 2wd will just be for hooning around.

I have no experience with the boom racing kit. However, I have dabbled with dig transmissions, by turning them into a t-cases by removing some of the housing and internals to function as a rwd/4wd t case.

I was skeptical of locking diffs when they first came out, and they helped me out in a comp or two, so I now see their usefulness.

A functional transfer case might be the same, allowing for tighter maneuvering when 4WD isn't needed. And, just as a cool and realistic scale feature. I wonder if they'll offer this for other rigs, or if it could be adapted for my C1 Element.

I thought locking diffs and selectable underdrive got banned under 2023 SORRCA rules? I'm sure this would be banned too. I doubt it would be very useful in a comp anyway. Pull your front driveshaft and try to drive in rear wheel drive. Even the small obstacles are a challenge. I vividly remember having to carry my old SCX10 back to camp after breaking both front CVD pins halfway through a G6 course. Darn thing wouldnt go over anything on its own.

Doesn’t the boom racing transfer case spin the front and rear driveshafts in opposite directions for anti torque twist? Wouldn’t this require an axle that you can flip the ring gear.

I have thought about this for my 4Runner, but picking up a set of BRX80 axles has not been on the top of my list.

Doesn’t the boom racing transfer case spin the front and rear driveshafts in opposite directions for anti torque twist? Wouldn’t this require an axle that you can flip the ring gear.

I have thought about this for my 4Runner, but picking up a set of BRX80 axles has not been on the top of my list.

I think it does have anti-torque, which i guess is another benefit. And good to know you can flip the ring gear in those BRX80 axles. Those axles have more steering angle as well.

Looks like you get overdrive, Anti-Torque and selectable 4WD! Going to have to try this out.

There is a person currently making a selectable 2wd/4wd transfer cases for the TRX-4. You have to reach out to him through discord though to place an order, but the kits are top notch i hear.

Back