• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bomber Transmission question.

XD60

TLDR: is there any options for a smaller/more compact transmission for the bomber as i wont be using the 2 speed option.

I finished building the bomber kit about a week ago and already have a few upgrades (vanquish stage 1 kit, SSD trailing arms, etc) and I'm trying to do some rearranging on the inside so i could possible lower the CG and also fit a light kit in at some point. however the 2 speed transmission case is taking up a lot of the room and i dont plan on running a 2 speed set up anyways. i was wondering if an SXC10 trans or something similar that is smaller and more compact would fit without too much modification.

Get an AX10 transmission
I'm pretty sure there is an extra skid in the box or you can get one from The DMG garage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Get an AX10 transmission
I'm pretty sure there is an extra skid in the box or you can get one from The DMG garage.

Would I have to do any modifications to the the drive shafts/ outputs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it requires different outputs and driveshafts.

TLDR: is there any options for a smaller/more compact transmission for the bomber as i wont be using the 2 speed option.

I finished building the bomber kit about a week ago and already have a few upgrades (vanquish stage 1 kit, SSD trailing arms, etc) and I'm trying to do some rearranging on the inside so i could possible lower the CG and also fit a light kit in at some point. however the 2 speed transmission case is taking up a lot of the room and i dont plan on running a 2 speed set up anyways. i was wondering if an SXC10 trans or something similar that is smaller and more compact would fit without too much modification.

I am in the process of doing the same myself, its pretty well built, I am just waiting for the ESC to arrive now>

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axia...scx-smt10-wraith-etc-transmission-bomber.html

Last edited:
I am in the process of doing the same myself, its pretty well built, I am just waiting for the ESC to arrive now>

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axia...scx-smt10-wraith-etc-transmission-bomber.html

472db3597acd1eec5f994753dc4278f5.jpg

I’ve just done this rearrangement recently. I took out stock receiver box (as it’s not as water proof as I’d like) and make my own stainless skid/receiver plate, fitted a stampede 4x4 receiver box. Also did some slight filing to the stock transmission case and mounted the esc lower and on its side with a stainless “L” bracket that bolts into one of the screw hole for the 2-speed shifter servo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought a 90053 kit in Dec 2019. I can confirm that Axial no longer gives waith style skid plate for free. I have the identical part tree and loose parts as online manual indicates. The included manual is an older version with multiple errors.

Back