• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

bolt on steering servo upgrade for emaxx??

xj_punk

i was wondering if there are any upgrades for emaxx steering servos. the stock one is really weak with spools f/r. truck has to move to turn, and it kinda sucks. i can see the servo move side to side also...

i'm not quite ready to make it a full on crawler, i was just wondering if there are any easy upgrades (bolt ons)

thanks

really simple, stock servos suck, get a Hitec 645mg servo, or any other brand with 130 oz of torque or more. Also make it lighter. Less weight let the servo work easier.

Moved to Newbie...

Any servo with more than 80 oz. torque is an upgrade to the stock piece of crap. A very common one is the hitec 645mg, but those do not like to turn big tires as good as some others. if you are running small tires still, you shouldn't have a problem

but my question is do they mount in the place of the stock unit?

i am not very familiar with rc's, i have a 1:1 crawler so bear with me.

i am still running stock maxx tires and wheels, i would like to upgrade but i don't know what is necessary.

xj_punk said:
but my question is do they mount in the place of the stock unit?

i am still running stock maxx tires and wheels, i would like to upgrade but i don't know what is necessary.

Yes, just look for any "standard" size servo (they are the same size as the stock servos you have now).

Do not get a 1/4 scale or a micro servo (they are too big and too small), just a standard size and you will be good to go.

Back