• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Blackwell something

I.D.10.T

Rock Crawler
I’ve had these axles sitting around for a little lifetime. I think it’s about time to put them to use. It’s gotta be custom and probably 2.2. Any suggestions?

53ca198182a9bc97a08ce93abecc42f7.jpg

34ff1f9bd3e5e639dd8548cf7fd1c513.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lot of tube chassis rock crawlers run Rockwell axles, could look into building something like that?

Who makes those axles ? They would be cool in scale TTC rig. In the TTC days that was the axle to run

Unsure of the sellers name on feebay, but he makes some badd ass unimog hard bodies. Maybe he makes a deuce and a half.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Qi1QVTx" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/Qi1QVTx"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
How about this!

I’m gonna go with the old Dodge Power Wagon. I haven’t decided if I’ll tube the backend or make a bed from scratch.

These were made by RC4WD. They came in black and silver. I’ve had one of each color. The others escaped my grasp with an old Ford F100 build. I think it was something called Frankenstein of some name twist. It was super cool. I miss that truck, as do we all miss some builds we let getaway.

Since nothing exists for these axles any more, I had to make a four and three link adapter setup. So I folded some metal and set some Delrin blocks. I also had some links in a bin that worked for the WB I desired.

Oops, I took the photos with my phone vs the iPad. I’ll have to share and then post.

ahhh no more pee pee wagons

they all look like someone strapped there personal pleasure device to some wheels

If your member looks like a power wagon, you might want to have it checked out by a doctor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I finally took pictures on the right device. I’m probably gonna drag this one out for some time.

I’ll make it so I can swap bodies with other classic truck bodies. It’s easy enough.

I had to make adapters from the axles to the links. For lower links, I simply cut strips of thin metal, drilled holes where screw heads in the axles existed, and folded them over in my vice. The black blocks are Delrin. Those are cut and drilled for mounting, shocks, and links.

The rear upper links use the same metal at a 90°. It’s attached to the high point of the axle so as to not interfere with articulation. I also tried to center it as best possible.

The front attaches to the same plate cover to the gears as well. I did have to find a method for steering. I’m reversing the panhard design on this one. I attached the panhard link to the axle with a neat little aluminum piece I found in a parts drawer.

It seems to steer and articulate fairly well. I threw in a standard Axial style tranny and 1200kV Tekin motor. My preference on gears is usually a little pinion and big ole spur. Nice a slow, loads of torque, and more control. Plus, I have kids that drive my stuff too. If you know, you know.
4fc8be11148a5a012c5bce5e9e735805.jpg

49caefab15c17a2c90a7d4847ee51222.jpg

d8e66e76d5958870ccc8eedfa4674420.jpg

5b179cad0a8e4ee60b7f70b7a29d6c1d.jpg

e032dadfff88177b659123593b550822.jpg

6cdaa21572ed6c58dfd555148f3ecd7d.jpg

ba50b030e3d0985d66916e0be8962ae7.jpg

5600ed0b5d8129a96f61e042d5563224.jpg

Back