• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Best servo for Axial Wraith

monturacer3

Pebble Pounder
Hi, i'm converting my Axial Wraith into a full on crawler. I have a 35T motor and an Axial AE-2 ESC. What servo would be the best one to turn 2.2 Ripsaws on RC4WD aluminum rims? I have a Hitec HS-645MG in it but it only has 133 oz. in. of torque.

I would look for servos that can run ~300inoz+. Keep in mind that much over 200inoz WILL need an external BEC to work well.

I like HiTec's, we have 7955's, 7950's & 7954's in scalers, 1.9's & 2.2 MOA's.

Savox seems to do well.

Lots of other brands out there, but we (son & I) only run HiTec.8)

There are some torque monsters out there now.
Hi torque servos are just like candy, you always want a little more.

I am a futaba buy and have been running their stuff for quite a while now.
I like the S9157 servo. Good all around servo, good performance, decent price. Always had good luck with their stuff.
Some of their new brushless ones are positively crazy on torque, but the price can also be up there.

Best thing to do is get a budget in mind and start looking at what you can get for your money. Otherwise, prepare for the credit card to be smokin.

i'd suggest either a 7955 or 7850 hitec. or a tower hobbies ts-170 or hobbico cs-170, which are rebadged older hitec 5955 servos.

i suggest those because those are what i have experience with.

i run a hitec 7955 on my wraith (with a cc 10a bec set to 6v) and it works killer.

I LOVE the Futaba BLS351. I have ran it in 1/8th scale buggies, a Hyper TT, and now my SCX10 Dingo. It's strong enough, fast, and water protected. Plus, I have not needed a bec in any of my rides.

+1 on the hitec 7954SH. They can be found on ebay and other places for around $80. They have steel instead of titanium gears. But to me $80 is more palatable for a servo I'm going to abuse and dunk anyhow.

HRC37954S $76.99 Hitec RCD HS-7954SH - 403oz @ .12 sec - Hi-Voltage Ultra-Torque Digital Metal Gear Servo : The Barn Floor - Dirt Cheap RC

I was unsure at first ordering from a site I didn't know. They shipped it to me though. I had a good experience. I know we like to support rccrawler vendors, but I'm all about saving myself money when I can and I've never seen less than $100 anywhere else.

Even if you can't get 7.4v with a BEC it still gives 333oz in on 6v

I destroyed a few servos in my Wraith before getting a Hitec 7980. Had to make a custom mount since it's larger than a 1/10 servo. It has been well worth all the cost and extra effort to install.

The trick to keep from destroying the mounting ears is making custom servo mounts that have "gussets" running back from the mounting plates that snuggly rest against the sides of the servo case. Doing so takes much of the stress off of the weak mounting ears.

I runeed savox as hitecho is to spendyou I won't pay over 100 bucks wether it's on my gasser helicopter or lowly crawler.

I run a savox 1268 on my wraith it seems to get me on the same trails and rocks as the higher priced hitch stuff and I've got about a year of run time on it. I did Crack the case and spent 5 bucks replacing it but that was doing 30 MPhil cart wheels down the asphalt. :)

Savox 1230 and 1280 are great servos. Hitch might be better?

There are 5 dollar servos that are water proof and will easily turn 6" tires.

Hey 10kg is one. Wait maybe it cost 8 bucks I also run a ton of these on my planes and on my crawler.

I love my Savox 500 ounce servo. I ran high voltage one first at 7.4 volts and the switched to the 6.0 volt one. I like the 6.0 volt one much better.

Savox 1230 is the 500oz he speaks of.

Maybe werx in Idaho should chime in with servo specs, haha no those guys, are full of shit and I haven't decided yet if they have a fffinnng clue.

i'd suggest either a 7955 or 7850 hitec. or a tower hobbies ts-170 or hobbico cs-170, which are rebadged older hitec 5955 servos.

i suggest those because those are what i have experience with.

i run a hitec 7955 on my wraith (with a cc 10a bec set to 6v) and it works killer.

since that last post a few years ago ive changed to a hitec 7950 at 7.8v f&r. damn good servo for a wraith.

as with anything there just isnt a magical unicorn servo that nobody knows about which puts out 800oz of torque @ 6v for 20 bucks. look at a reputable brand and buy what your budget can afford. i'd take a 100oz hitec for 50 bucks over some cheap no-name 200oz servo for the same price.

I'm running savox 1230 on my honcho and just installed another on my wraith and that's sitting on 2.8 trenchers. Other than being fairly noisy, they work great.

Back