• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Base Camp winch servo

CXWrench

I'm thinking about installing a winch servo on my BC. I'm pretty clueless with the electrical stuff. Am I right in assuming I can get something like a Reefs 299:LP and just plug it in to the receiver? Control it with the A/B switch on the transmitter? Overkill? Underkill? Ideally I'd get a new bumper with a real fairlead as well? Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm thinking about installing a winch servo on my BC. I'm pretty clueless with the electrical stuff. Am I right in assuming I can get something like a Reefs 299:LP and just plug it in to the receiver? Control it with the A/B switch on the transmitter? Overkill? Underkill? Ideally I'd get a new bumper with a real fairlead as well? Thanks in advance for any help!
i think you got it

the nice part about a servo winch is it works just like any other servo and most servos can be converted to be a servo winch

you dont really need a powerfull servo ether

basicly any servo will do but who wants a weak winch right lol i think the old saying is to much power is just about the right amount of power or was it overkill dosent break or something like that lol

you can also gut the electronics inside the servo and run a small esc instead for more power this is a good option if you burned out the electronics on a servo for what ever reason lol

ether way your radio will need a 3 position switch or 2 position momentary on switch

Love my nsdrc rs400 winch. Really freaking fast and powerful.

That the only downside to converting some servos, they are SLOW so the winch gets annoying sometimes.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

CXWrench,

It looks like you’re about as new as I am around here. I have been thinking about a winch on my mostly stock Base Camp too. A few days ago I picked up an integrated kinetic winch from DSM off road. It’s relatively cheap & it works. I like that it is quick to work with compared to the powered version. Bonus when the winch pulls off whatever surface and retracts quickly and cleanly. In that instance you do nothing other than keep driving.

I chose this option because I am new and figuring it all out. I could change to a powered winch, but so far this one is light on maintenance and works quickly.

Good luck. Let us know how your wrenching goes…

CXWrench,

It looks like you’re about as new as I am around here. I have been thinking about a winch on my mostly stock Base Camp too. A few days ago I picked up an integrated kinetic winch from DSM off road. It’s relatively cheap & it works. I like that it is quick to work with compared to the powered version. Bonus when the winch pulls off whatever surface and retracts quickly and cleanly. In that instance you do nothing other than keep driving.

I chose this option because I am new and figuring it all out. I could change to a powered winch, but so far this one is light on maintenance and works quickly.

Good luck. Let us know how your wrenching goes…
those conetic winches are nice

i bought 100ft of 1/8 inch tripple strech paracord and i make my own

i use 1/4 plastic garden tubing to run the cord i so it dosent get snaged on anything they work surprizingly good kinda short though so you might want a pull pall and some kind of exstention i use a small chain

Back