• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

axial scx10 not turning on...

i Recently bought my first scx10, it was working just fine, took it out riding on dirt, worked fine after that, installed a simple lift kit on it, then as soon as lift kit is installed, i go to turn RC switch to ON and expect the little beeping noise signaling that its on and no noise or anything....no movement, battery is charged, remote batteries are new, is this a bad esc? i JUST bought this sucker like 2 weeks ago?

The only things I could think of that would do that would be your battery not plugged in all the way, or a bad ESC... I haven't ever had that problem with my SCX10 before, though.... I'd try looking around on here tho, surely someone knows what it is for sure..

It could flat out be the switch, cut the wires and hard wire them together and see if it works, I have learned from this site to "get rid of the switch they always give up eventually" and let plugging in the battery be your switch, super common problem and mine gave out eventually, hardwired it and shrink wrapped it, no longer a problem.

Every esc with a power switch that I purchase instantly gets the switch chopped, if its not needed for programming that is (some cheap chinese controllers have a program button). If its a simple 2 wire switch, chop and short the wires together. They all fail and at the worst time.

There's a reason Holmes is pioneering the no-switch movement. Hopefully it catches on.

That is a really good idea, might as well do it anyways, thanks guys i will try that and see what happens!

That is a really good idea, might as well do it anyways, thanks guys i will try that and see what happens!
+1 on the switch thing ,,,,BUT ,,,, I was wondering if before you chop off the switch ,,,jump across the switch and see if that does any thing to fix the problem ,,,,if it is only 2 weeks old it might still be under warrantee ,,,
and it might void the warrantee if the esc is bad ...my suggestion is to call
tech support first if you need help and find out if chopping the switch is a void ... if you first jump the terminals on the switch and it was the switch and that is the problem then chop away...but if you chop the switch and the warrantee is voided then it happens to be the esc then the tech support is under no obligation to replace the esc if the warrantee is void.
if the esc is bad and it is under warrantee they will most likely replace the
esc asap for free ....might be worth checking out..;-)

Turns out it WAS the switch, thanks again guys. buuuut now i went to try to program my drag brake and i think i may have needed the switch??? that or i'll have to go buy the usb cord for it.

Back