• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial + Monster Jam?

The only RTR scale MT out there is the Redcat Ground Pounder and for it to be competitive takes a LOT of mods, I have one and there is almost nothing left of the original truck. The biggest issue with this segment is there are no good RTR Scale MT's and to get one you must build it, most don't know how or don't have equipment so they have no options. I hope Axial makes something nice as it would really get a LOT more guys into the Scale Monster Truck thing. From what I'm seeing in these links its on its way.

The only RTR scale MT out there is the Redcat Ground Pounder and for it to be competitive takes a LOT of mods, I have one and there is almost nothing left of the original truck. The biggest issue with this segment is there are no good RTR Scale MT's and to get one you must build it, most don't know how or don't have equipment so they have no options. I hope Axial makes something nice as it would really get a LOT more guys into the Scale Monster Truck thing. From what I'm seeing in these links its on its way.

I put in a 12T motor in my Wheely King 4x4, locked the steering, put a steering kit on the back axle, flipped the tires, body, and motor polarity, and it made a really decent solid axle MT for under $250. The battery sits up front now, so it will only wheely from a stand still or low speeds, but I can hammer it out of a corner now without it throwing its front end up. I'm actually super happy with how well it performs for what it cost.

I have seen some seriously built Wheelie Kings but issue is their size, at one time I had a Hot Racing wheelie king chassis with AR60 axles that was nice.

The biggest issue with this segment is there are no good RTR Scale MT's and to get one you must build it, most don't know how or don't have equipment so they have no options.

That use to be the same thing for scalers and look what Axial did for them!

This is pretty exciting, but I hope that if it is something new, they get it out fast and with enough supply. I'm still waiting for an SCX10 2 😢

rowdy you don't need a new axial mt. you got like 2 sets of freestyle axles and a new trans!

hope its all good for ya.

rowdy you must have like five MT's then...

and hopefully its a grave digger... but it better be a dennis digger.

My Wheely King

041312008.jpg

041312037.jpg

041312043.jpg

Homebrew chassis w/crawler king links, Wraith swaybars, Axial HD gears in the axles with OD in front and open diffs, Duratrax Wheels/tires, and RC4WD gears in the trans. Had a ball with this truck, a little bit bigger one with Wraith axles would be killer.

That's right Tamiya MT's...lol

I've been wanting to do a Axial based one though for a long time, now it looks like I'll just be able to buy one....soon. 8)

Back