• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ax10/wraith crawlin on a budget "sportsman" build

side1_zps2j9bmkxh.jpg

Looking @ this picture I'd simply use jato rodends on the upper rear links.

As Matt said, make those rear uppers longer and it'll clock that drive shaft up for a better angle."thumbsup"

i tried turning out the rod ends and i tried longer upper links and the drive shaft is still laying on the lower link unless i move the axle up level with the diff. The only solution i can come up with is to swap the axles around. Its going to put tons of wait on one side but im at a loss as to what else to do

How far does it take if you push down on the rear of the chassis down until it clears? This is maybe where you'll have to internally limit your rear shocks. Also, by getting the rear down a bit will reduce the angle of the driveshaft.

That make any sense?

so im now admitting the king shocks are a bust even trying to limit them.

The scx shocks and longer upper links are the closest i can get it, the drive shaft still hits the link but its just going to have to work now.

Lots of pics to compare in Alamo's thread, clearances are tight with the AR60's and the rear driveshaft but you should be able to bend the links around so it barely clears.

Twist the rodends in to shorten lower links this will also move pinion up.
Maybe it will help.
Have you tried moving the rear shocks down @ axle to the same mounting location as lower links?

Last edited:
Re: Punched Cookie Monster "budget" build

Wheel base needs to be 12.5" Max..
So shortening yo the lowers F/R will help..
Rear uppers need to be longer as well.. If making there lowers shorter doesn't help.

Take a deep breath walk away... then look how far back the top link mount is clocked back.... is yours the same if not that might be your problem.

I know, I know.. Wrong chassis.. Wrong axles.. Right drive shaft angle..
d571032b067e01f835b8d418af1d2ae5.jpg

All my shaft driven rigs, drive shafts, look like this..
d833815f344dde4ce090fe74c5c94122.jpg

I don't think you need to buy new links. Especially if your not going to compete your original upper vp links with some jato rodends & twist the lower rodends in to shorten lower links. I think this will fix your issue... maybe slightly straighten the bend in lower links closest to chassis.
Whatever you decide good luck...

Well, Have you set it on fire yet?:shock:
Curious if you give it another shot and got it set up correctly yet?

You might wanna build a wheel base jig out of some yard sticks or thin wood set your wheelbase to 12.5" then decide do you need shorter lowers or longer uppers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

after looking at the other pics, your trans is farther forward than others. Look where their outputs end up and where yours do. Maybe try moving the trans back a bit and see if that changes the drive shaft angle and that might lift it off the links enough. Heck man there is always a way to make things work. Like the guys said, take a break and come back fresh and you might find a solution."thumbsup"

Back