• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ax10/wraith crawlin on a budget "sportsman" build

small update.

Got a vp locker with UD gears from winnerone23 (hand delivered even) he was also nice enough to give me an HH crawl master 540 pro 13t on credit since my budget is way over this month so far. I started to put my axles together but found the kit i got did not include gear grease or threadlock. Going to work on getting that stuff and then the axles will be built :)

no project pictures so here is a picture of my kitty in his hamburger bed
furburger_zpsvvarzeol.jpg

heck yeah! I felt bad because i made him late for something, i told him to just wait until another time but he brought it anyway! On top of that he offered to let me hang onto the motor until i could pay him (i think this was just a sales tactic to lock me into it haha). I just had another member (not sure if they want to be mentioned) pm me about sending me some loctite and not to be out done troy is going to "lend" me some gear grease.

Once i get the means to start casting scale parts (and maybe metal parts) im going to have alot of stuff to send out at this rate!

this is one heck of a community already, never had anything like it before. Thank you all!

got my dlux fab shorty trusses today. I have found some pictures of it put together but still not sure how it all goes together.

Anybody know of a write up of how they go together or actual instructions?(i have the front and rear)

hopefully i can find something and i will post pictures tomorrow.

not sure if anybody saw this in the vendor thread already, but here it is!!

suckerpunchchassis_zpsq6zpp88o.jpg

i dont have it in my hands yet ( i should this week) so that is the picture from cboggs.

This is where updates come to a halt for now. I spent more than i intended to this month and it was all simple things to put together.

Next on the agenda is links, transmission and driveshafts.

I had an idea for my links and wanted some opinions. I plan to use all thread sleeved with bic pen bodies, i dont see that being very strong so i was going to use a 2 part epoxy and fill the pen tubes so it would be more like a single part instead of a sleeve and hopefully negate the weakness of the threads.

Anybody have any thoughts?:?:

Last edited:
heck yeah! I felt bad because i made him late for something, i told him to just wait until another time but he brought it anyway!

this is one heck of a community already, never had anything like it before. Thank you all!

Don't worry - the tests came back back negative on him :shock:

Your right about the community. Outside of some knuckleheads here and there its really great how far friends with the same interest will go for each other. "thumbsup"

Great pick on the chassis - actually like that Blue. ;-)

Pics or it didn't show up! ;)

so if i dont post a pic i get another one? :lmao:

ask and ye shall receive
chassisaxles_zps4rbbepi7.jpg

this is what i have so far. I might be getting a transmission donated to me (which would be awesome). Still need to get some diff grease and then i will put the axles all the way together.

Thanks for looking everybody

Your going to want to put the front and rear axle pumpkins so they're on the same side, flip the rear axle around to match the front.

Your going to want to put the front and rear axle pumpkins so they're on the same side, flip the rear axle around to match the front.

thanks for the hint, i was just putting them together by the instructions i got with the axles.

The transmission i might get is an axial unit. Might just be the case, might have some gears, either way it will help me out. "thumbsup"

I was really excited and thought i was going to have a big update today but i ran into some problems. Thanks to robbob i have the beginnings of a transmission build and a bunch of links for the cost of nothing, i opened it and after the initial surprise started building thinking i was going to get to attach the axles to the chassis today.

After getting my axles finally all put together (thanks to winnerone23 and snapon boy) i put the links on the chassis and then one of the links to the axle, awesome. When i attempted the other everything started to bind. I was able to spred the links enough but it was binding at both ends of the links. I know the stock axial links have bent rod ends, is this something i need to invest in? If not, what am i doing wrong?

Last edited:
its already all apart since none of it worked. Just imagine the last pic i posted with links between the chassis and the axle that are bound so tight it sits up without suspension

just looked through some build threads and it looks like my problem is that i need some super bendy links.

Time for more waiting :p

so right now (sticking with the budget) i am bound and determined to get this thing to have axles under it and hopefully maybe even be a roller. So what im shooting to get is a full set of links (with drag link and tie rod) and some used wheels/tires.

each of these items would be easy to blow an entire months of budget on so im hoping to not do that :)

Back