• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

anyone run the LRP crawler motor/esc combos yet?

Look's good,small footprint. I wonder the price? Let us know how it work's for you.I have a quantam in one of my crawlers it needs a brake.

I'll do a write up on it when it arrives. not that I'm an expert but I can tell if it's better or worse then the ones I've tried

I'll do a write up on it when it arrives. not that I'm an expert but I can tell if it's better or worse then the ones I've tried

You(s) got(s) people(s)? LOL
What is your affiliation? Or just money to burn to try one?

Wonder if the "Auto-hill Brake" is like Novak's "Stop Brake"?

I really want to know also, I only use LRP on my On-roads, but didn't realized they have something for crawling. I want to know the price also. Just checked eHobbies and they have just the Crawler motor for $69.99 edit again, I just saw the price from Towerhobbies, they want $184.99 for the system.

Last edited:
I want to know if it can handle 3 cell lipos, does it have instant reverse and how the drag brake is. Also, want to see how smooth it is.

i think it can't do 3s :(
but it has strong bec

LRP is proud to present a completely new speedcontrol to the impressive LRP line of high-quality speedcontrols. Now you can enjoy LRP´s years of experience of developing high-quality and world winning speedontrols, now also for Crawler models. The Crawler Brushless Reverse is developed specifically for Crawler models and features automatic brushless – brushed adaptation to suit every drivers motor preferences.

Features:

• Auto hill-brake - Fully adjustable auto hill-brake for the possibility to always hold the vehicle in any hillside situation.
  • 4 unique crawler throttle profiles - providing instant throttle response, super low-speed driveability and massive torque.
  • Motor rotation system - allows you to adjust your LRP Crawler Reverse to all crawler-applications and models. Choose from 2 different drive modes (with or without manual brake) and also reverse motor rotation direction for vehicles with counter-rotating gearboxes or opposed transmission.
  • No reverse delay - Instant power delivery in both forward and reverse when needed
  • Optional push brake - Optional manual brake that can be used in addition to the Auto Hill- brake to give more tuning options

The Crawler brushless reverse is all you need to keep full control while conquering the terrain!

Specifications

Weight 24.5g
Size 33.1x37.6x14.9mm
Rec. Motorlimit Brushed over 13 turns
Rec. Motorlimit Brushless over 7.5 turns
Multi-Protection-System yes
Voltage Input 4.8-7.4V
Type forward/reverse
B.E.C. 6.0V/5.0A

im currently running the LRP 21.5t and AI pro brushless esc.
besides the auto hill brake,will there be any difference with the crawler esc?
with the ai pro doesnt really like very low motor rpm(its a bit twitchy/stuttery sometimes) ,does the crawler esc have different circuitry for lower motor speeds etc or just the auto hill brake.

Old thread I know, but I got an LRP Crawler ESC with the 21.5T motor ( sensored).

Throttle:
In the default profile ( smooth exponentional throttle ramp) throttle response is very smooth, excellent low-end modulation.There are 4 profiles, super smooth expo, smooth expo, exp, and linear.

Brakes:
There are 10 settings for the neutral brake, 10 is the highest. It is very strong but it does have some give. With a stock SCX-10 TR, 20tooth pinion, battery up front, I put the truck on a wooden plank ( very rough so the Flat-Irons grip it extremely well) it took more than a 45 degree angle to get the truck rolling, albeit a very slow roll, approximately 3cm per second. You can also run 4 profiles for the brakes: No brake ( instant reverse with neutral brake only), brakes with double pump required for reverse, and two others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

BEC:
Wow it's powerful! The stock servo that came with the Trail Ready has literally come alive. It's really fast and very torquey. My guess is that the stock ESC operated at a lower voltage/amp output.

Anything else you guys want to know, I'll try to answer.

I wouldn't buy anything LRP:evil: I had a burned up ESC in a road car that should have been covered by the warranty. LRP wouldn't stand buy there product. Never again. I would buy a MMPro or a Tekin RS. Two of the best. Just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't buy anything LRP:evil: I had a burned up ESC in a road car that should have been covered by the warranty. LRP wouldn't stand buy there product. Never again. I would buy a MMPro or a Tekin RS. Two of the best. Just my 2 cents.
Never had a bad experience with LRP.

I've been running this system since it came out. I have 4 of these systems, and have yet to encounter a problem. Comp rigs, 1.9 comp rigs, scalers (light and heavy), no issues what so ever.

All of the systems are running off of 2s lipos +/- 5000mah, and run for about an hour or more at one time. Like skadebo stated the b.e.c is beyond powerful.

For an added boost in the scalers, I typically run them at about 50% throttle, flick the dualrate switch to 150% and its as if the rig has a turbo/nos system attached.

I also run Airtronics 94780m servos(423oz at 6v)and have about 6.40v going through the receiver, and it's evident that power is going to the servo; it is strong!

i ran the system on my losi with a 3 cell and an extrenal bec no problems i sold the rig to one of my buddys and and he's on 3cell with it as well.

Back