• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Anyone have a WPL 1/10 Jimmy?

Unfortunately I can only afford a wpl at this time and the only 1/10 scale they have is an ugly tiny suv thing. Is it possible to buy a truck body and mount it to the chassis?

I know the wheel base will be the biggest issue. I don't think you can adjust the wpl chassis at all. What other options do I have for a 1/10 scale truck on a wpl budget???

Don’t be disappointed with only being able to get a WPL. They are loads of fun and have parts available everywhere online when you want to upgrade or replace. Like shape said anything in the 1/12 scale body range should fit. Sometimes simplicity is key.

You have to match the wheelbase of the chassis. That's the most important thing. Most 1/10th scale crawlers have a wheelbase of 313mm or 12.3".

By the time you spend the money for the WPL, a body, and the required body mounts (if necessary), you may be able to get a better truck used.

You have to match the wheelbase of the chassis. That's the most important thing. Most 1/10th scale crawlers have a wheelbase of 313mm or 12.3".

By the time you spend the money for the WPL, a body, and the required body mounts (if necessary), you may be able to get a better truck used.
Agreed, used trucks are one of the best ways to get into the hobby.

the jimny is a tiny truck im the 1:1 world so as a 10th scale its still gonna be tiny
personally i really like them and there a good entry level rc
ive come up with some really cheap builds
thrift stores are a good place to find bodys i found a barbie mini cooper with broken door for $2 and i think i spent maybe $150 on parts and its one heck of a crawler but i already had a radio

in my opinion get wpl and enjoy it for what it is and slowly build your self a budget rig out of used takeoffs and some cheap parts

My 2 cents coming from a dude that probably shouldn’t be in the hobby. Due to lack of funds.

With a small budget, you have to just save up until you can get something that is durable/worth the money. Buying a cheap Crawler or parts in the end may aggravate you more than you enjoy the hobby due to breakage. I tend to push my rigs fairly hard, and I found out very quickly that going the cheap route is most likely going to piss you off in the end. I’m not saying anything against cheap rigs/parts. Because there are a lot of them out there that crawl and do amazing. Until they break.

I’m sure I drove all the guys on this forum nuts when I started getting into the hobby. Just trying to figure out what I should get. In the end I bought a barely used Trx-4 and some upgrades from a great guy on here that is now like family to me. Save up, do some research and shop around. There’s so many people that get in and get out of this hobby with only running a rig for a few packs. And sometimes a used rig has some of the key upgrades that most rigs need. Good luck! We’re all here to help!

Edit: didn’t realize you can get those for so cheap. $37 on Aliexpress LoL! Get one try it out see how you like the hobby then save for a better one. If I had $37 I’d go buy one LoL!

Last edited:
No comment on the reliability or durability of a WPL as I have never owned one, but that is not a standard 1/10 crawler. It is a good bit smaller than the normal 1/10 scale so body options are going to be limited at best. It actually looks closer in size to a TRX4M.

If you like it and can live with it in stock form, go for it, but I would not spend much money trying to upgrade it or change it to something else. If you can wait a bit and save some $$, you can probably pick up a lightly used 1/10 scale for a good price. Have you check Facebook Marketplace listings for Axial?

Don’t be disappointed with only being able to get a WPL. They are loads of fun and have parts available everywhere online when you want to upgrade or replace. Like shape said anything in the 1/12 scale body range should fit. Sometimes simplicity is key.
Oh no. I'm most definitely NOT Disappointed at all. I've done quite alot of research on wpl and they look like wonderful little rigs. Really my only complaint is that their too small for my liking. I have yet to find a 1/10 scale RC vehicle that's worth a damn for the price of a wpl. When I first found out about wpl it was the d21 drifting kei truck. I was obsessed with them and was dead set on buying and customizing my very own.

I'm still extremely torn between RC drifting and RC scale truck/rock crawlers. I'd really rather get into drifting but the crawler route is way more practical and can be literally driven anywhere.

Anyways I'll probably end up getting whatever wpl truck that is available as a kit because I want to build it other than the rtr. I love building model cars and being able to fully customize any/every aspect of it. So I guess we'll shall see what happens.

If anyone could post up their custom build WPL builds for inspiration please post away!!! Once I can afford whatever truck I get ill be building it here.

Thanks for dealing with my rambling. I don't have a real life so I have the tendency to ramble away to stranger on the internet hahaha!

No comment on the reliability or durability of a WPL as I have never owned one, but that is not a standard 1/10 crawler. It is a good bit smaller than the normal 1/10 scale so body options are going to be limited at best. It actually looks closer in size to a TRX4M.

If you like it and can live with it in stock form, go for it, but I would not spend much money trying to upgrade it or change it to something else. If you can wait a bit and save some $$, you can probably pick up a lightly used 1/10 scale for a good price. Have you check Facebook Marketplace listings for Axial?
Yes marketplace has a few things. From what I can remember off the top of my head there was a couple Redcat Everest models but that's more like a monster truck. It's really dope looking but I think I'm leaning more towards the scaler truck style. Like as true to life looking truck I can build I think. It's hard because I've never really owned or even played with an "adult" hobby grade rc vehicle, ever, so I'm not sure what the hell I want.

I first got into looking at rc cars by my absolute love for vehicle customization and I leaned more towards the drift cars because I love that style of vehicle and there's an absolute ridiculous amount of customization/hop ups parts for those things. Although the actual driving aspect of the rc world doesn't seem like something I'll enjoy for very long if at all. Looks too challenging and limited for me. I wanna be able to drive my custom creation anywhere and everywhere. So I found out about the world of rock crawlers which doesn't really interst me at all neither LMFAO!!! Driving really slow up some rocks n shit? Meh whatever haha. I don't want something that goes 50mph cuz that's ridiculous but so ething that I can take to a park or whatever and have people go holy shit that's cool. And mabey make some friends? That sounds great!

Oh great I'm rambling again. I'm sorry about that but yeah mabey I can't meet some kind folks here that can help introduce me into a hobby that I've been wanting to get into since I was a child but just never did and I'm bored of building bicycles and hot wheels cars and legos lol.

Thanks if you suffered through all my writing...

have you thought about wltoys
kinda a go fast but if ya lock the diffs it will kinda crawl lol

i have the utv version and its been good to me i dont beat on it though and limit it go 2s and i havent broke anything in 3 years

some people break them in 3 min but mine is holding up good

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$65.09 | WL 12428 WLtoys 1/12 4WD RC Racing Car High Speed Off-Road Remote Control Alloy Climbing Truck LED Light Buggy Toys Kids Gift

Back