• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Anyone ever use these ?

TacoCrawler

I wanna be Dave
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382504003230?var=651253404141

I'm trying to step the voltage down from a 4s Lipo which is fed directly to my light bar.

I have a quality 20A Castle BEC. But I'm saving that to run my 1/5 scale 12.6 volt servo.

My factory installed LEDs run @ whatever the voltage is, that the RX supplies.

This is solely for my lightbar which NHX says it needs 6v minimum to operate.
I have run this lightbar directly off a 3s Lipo with no real adverse effect.
So I plan on supplying 12v to this lightbar, to ensure its brightness.
The other LEDs feeding off the RX are not too bright and are more of a beauty LED light IMO.

Any ideas as to why this might not work ?

Last edited:
^ can they be water proofed ?
Was cheap enough to buy a spare.
I bought another just incase of an rainy day ! Lol

Last edited:
Look up conformal coating for electronics. It’s like nail polish, and works well. I’ve used nail polish too and it works. You could also use a rx box, I don’t think running the lights would put a big load on them for the heat displacement.

Hobbywing make a version of that too, not too expensive and it has a variable output.

It's a bit more expensive though, I think I got them for about $5 or something like that.

Look up conformal coating for electronics. It’s like nail polish, and works well. I’ve used nail polish too and it works. You could also use a rx box, I don’t think running the lights would put a big load on them for the heat displacement.
thanks for your participation :)

Hobbywing make a version of that too, not too expensive and it has a variable output.

It's a bit more expensive though, I think I got them for about $5 or something like that.
I'd wished I'd found that unit first. Because its voltage could be adjusted to the exact voltage wanted ? Sort of like my Castle Pro BEC ?
But is the adjustment made without using a pc link ?

Thanks for your participation :)

thanks for your participation :)

I'd wished I'd found that unit first. Because its voltage could be adjusted to the exact voltage wanted ? Sort of like my Castle Pro BEC ?
But is the adjustment made without using a pc link ?

Thanks for your participation :)

Nothing that fancy, it's a jumper switch that converts it from 5V to 6V - they do have one that goes higher than 6V but it's more expensive.

I only use them for LEDs really, so 5 or 6v is normally fine.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/col...-collections/products/ubec-3a-2-6s-lipo-input
They're $8 direct from HW, but you can probably find them lower price elsewhere.

Back